LTBA Sale

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Sock Monkey
Allowance Winner

LTBA Sale

Postby Sock Monkey » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:04 pm

Is anyone going to be attending the LTBA yearling sale on Sept. 29th?

Any thoughts on the catalogue?

KMO_racing
Allowance Winner

LTBA Sale

Postby KMO_racing » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:32 pm

Yes, I am going to the sale . I have looked at the catalogs and am going to try to buy 1 filly for a client in FL. Some of the horses have very descent pages and the prices should be reasonable.
Thanks,

Kathy

CS
Maiden Special Weight

Postby CS » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:22 am

Is the LTBA having their mixed sale in Oct? I haven't seen it listed on their website, but it's on the Bloodhorse list of upcoming sales...

Sock Monkey
Allowance Winner

Postby Sock Monkey » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:53 am

CS wrote:Is the LTBA having their mixed sale in Oct? I haven't seen it listed on their website, but it's on the Bloodhorse list of upcoming sales...

You know, I haven't seen anything about that sale either. The LTBSC is having another mixed sale Oct. 19.

JaradM
Allowance Winner

Postby JaradM » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:50 am

The LTBA is not having a mixed sale. They announced earlier this year that it would be yearlings only in September.

psidio
Newborn

Would Somebody Please Take a look at Hip #219?

Postby psidio » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:00 am

Hi,

I am unable to attend the sale. We really like the K One Kings. I bought one at Texas Fasig Tipton and kicked my own booty for not getting another one. They are not fashionable or commercial which means we can afford them.

If somebody could look at hip #219 and ask if he has a clean x-ray and scope, I would appreciate it. Any thoughts you have on the individual re comnformation, attitude etc would also be appreciated. We are set up to bid by phone.

I can be reached at 1(800) 895-3332 or email [email protected]

thanks

Paul N. Sidio
Spokane MO
To Finish is to Win

psidio
Newborn

oops..

Postby psidio » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:05 am

Sorry about the post about hip #219. I meant it for the FT sale in Maryland. not the Loiusiana sale.

Paul
To Finish is to Win

KMO_racing
Allowance Winner

LTBA Sale

Postby KMO_racing » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:39 pm

I went to the sale grounds to preview yearlings, then attended the LTBA cocktail party. This was a very nice function, band, food and open bar.

I viewed about 40 hips today overall in my opinion the catalog pages are fairly descent, lots of really nice yearlings from solid sires. Lots of racing stock potential and quite abit of commercial yearlings also.

I will try to buy at least one in the am.
Thanks,

Kathy

ageecee
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ageecee » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:05 am

Cant make this one. I think Sock Monkey will be there, she said she might buy a couple herself.

noworriesfarm
Yearling

Postby noworriesfarm » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:22 am

Those of you who went, what did you think about the results? Of the three that we foaled here, 2 sold pretty nicely, the other came home.

Sock Monkey
Allowance Winner

Postby Sock Monkey » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:39 am

Fanlew, it was great to meet you and your husband and daughter! Did you wind up buying anything?

I didn't buy anything, but we mainly went to socialize and look at stallion's offspring. And it was lucky that we weren't shopping - this was a strong sale. Going into it there was a lot of optimism and I honestly was wondering if it was misguided. But, horses sold very well and many brought a LOT more than they would have at any other sale. Some very strong buyers showed up and the good horses enjoyed a lot of interest. Kentucky stallions were very popular, and the Leestowns remain very hot. The Ides are also very well received. I did not see a lot of bargains. There was one very nice colt by a KY stallion that sold for less than stud fee, but the bid spotter failed to recognize his owner who was trying to buy him back (the owner was livid). The auction staff did leave something to be desired.

The Ike facility is very nice and it's great to be able to have everything under one roof. But, Monroe is a long drive from where most people are coming from. It seems like a more central location could be found. It was kind of a pain to find a hotel, too - apparently those in the know booked their rooms at the Hilton a few months out.

Overall, I thought it was a good sale. The buy back rate was high and I think there were more buybacks than are listed as such. But, those that sold I thought did very well. I think this sale is a good example of what can happen with a strong racing program. After attending both KEE and OBS, it was nice to see such an upbeat environment.

ageecee
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ageecee » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:40 am

Wow an owner ws trying to buy his horse back and the bidder couldnt see him or her. Oh my god i would be livid.

KMO_racing
Allowance Winner

Postby KMO_racing » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:44 pm

Sock Monkey it was very nice to meet you & your friend. I did not end up buying any was on the 1) Eurosilver but the client wasn't even close on price... 2) tried to buy the Royal Academy was in it to $15,000 it went for $20,000. I really liked the Steven Got Even but wasn't even close. As for the sale definitley different than I am used to, I have been to OBS & Keenland many times but this was a first. I saw yearlings that brought $2,500- $3,000 and they would have never received a bid in Ky or FL. They were bad babies. I also saw some that were really nice but not selling well. Overall i believe it was a very good sale in LA. LA sale results average was about the same as Maryland on the 1st day. So i say LA was a true sucess...

I believe the LA program is on the way for national recognition. They should be; it is the best program in the country. They sure do know how to throw a party even open bar. Well done LTBA!!
Thanks,

Kathy

serenarider
Allowance Winner

Postby serenarider » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:02 am

Fanlew wrote:Sock Monkey it was very nice to meet you & your friend. I did not end up buying any was on the 1) Eurosilver but the client wasn't even close on price... 2) tried to buy the Royal Academy was in it to $15,000 it went for $20,000. I really liked the Steven Got Even but wasn't even close. As for the sale definitley different than I am used to, I have been to OBS & Keenland many times but this was a first. I saw yearlings that brought $2,500- $3,000 and they would have never received a bid in Ky or FL. They were bad babies. I also saw some that were really nice but not selling well. Overall i believe it was a very good sale in LA. LA sale results average was about the same as Maryland on the 1st day. So i say LA was a true sucess...

I believe the LA program is on the way for national recognition. They should be; it is the best program in the country. They sure do know how to throw a party even open bar. Well done LTBA!!

Well that is great news :D

noworriesfarm
Yearling

Postby noworriesfarm » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:14 am

It is so good to see this sale may have bucked the trend of the other states sales so far this year. The one piece of the pie that needs to come together for the LA breeding/racing program is a decent yearling sales market- last years sale was awful, and we are really glad to see some improvement. I think they really bumped up the advertising/promotion for this sale to make it happen.
Now, if people will stop breeding those $1000 babies that have no page...

Was anybody able to watch the webcast? Every time I tried it said there was too much web traffic.

Thanks every one for responding