LTBA Sale

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

KMO_racing
Allowance Winner

webcast

Postby KMO_racing » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:34 am

I was told it did not work!!
Thanks,

Kathy

ageecee
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ageecee » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:21 pm

Anyone go the the Mixed Sale at Blackham? Heard they had some cheap mares there.

KMO_racing
Allowance Winner

sale

Postby KMO_racing » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:50 pm

I went to the sale Sunday. I wouldn't even call it a real sale. I have never been to a Thoroughbred sale where bidding starts at $100.00. The sad thing is they had a few nice horses and probably would have received alot more for them in any other sale. I asked for a list of horses that sold so I could get the RNA list and they said whats that? go figure!!!
Thanks,

Kathy

ageecee
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ageecee » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:19 am

This was a cull sale and nothing more. Thats why some bidding started at $100.00 You can call the LTBA and they can fax you a list of every horse sold with RNA's

Sock Monkey
Allowance Winner

Re: sale

Postby Sock Monkey » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:00 am

Fanlew wrote:I went to the sale Sunday. I wouldn't even call it a real sale. I have never been to a Thoroughbred sale where bidding starts at $100.00. The sad thing is they had a few nice horses and probably would have received alot more for them in any other sale. I asked for a list of horses that sold so I could get the RNA list and they said whats that? go figure!!!

Ageecee's right about the culls, but I thought there were several mares that brought more than they would have elsewhere - mainly because everyone was interested in the same few horses. Not to say there weren't some bargains, but there were also some horses that brought strong prices for what they were.

Instead of RNAs ask about "buy backs." They'll know what you mean then.

KMO_racing
Allowance Winner

Sale

Postby KMO_racing » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:19 pm

Thanks, sock different part of the country is a bit different language. make sense to me.
Thanks,

Kathy