CTHS Winter Mixed

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Mood Swings
Grade II Winner

CTHS Winter Mixed

Postby Mood Swings » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:24 pm

The catalogue (in it's annoying format ;) )is now online :)

http://www.cthsont.com/mixedsale.php
"People come and go but horses leave hoofprints on your heart"

Maureen
Allowance Winner

Postby Maureen » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:31 pm

hopefully the catalogue is in the mail soon, because, yes, the format on the website is very annoying!

K~2
Starters Handicap

Postby K~2 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:20 pm

Mood Swings, you beat me this time! :twisted:

Do you have any in the sale?
Legal Jousting (Indian Ridge X In Anticipation - Sadler's Wells) standing at Kingsgate Stud

Gallop58
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Gallop58 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:28 pm

That format is the most annoying thing ever. How every sale company doesn't just cruise over to the Keeneland site and blatantly copy how they have their stuff setup is beyond me. I mean this stuff isn't rocket science... Get some pimply faced kid, 2 or 3 super big gulps from 7-11 give him a laptop and ta-da a website update that doesn't get you mocked on internet forums....Surely there must be some slot money available to throw at this!

Fair Play
Allowance Winner

Postby Fair Play » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:21 am

I got my mitts on a catalog, likely from the sales pavillion. I am surprised there aren't more in it though some Canadian horses went to Saratoga and Kentucky and likely will go to the Mid Atlantic. Is anyone shopping or selling?

Mood Swings
Grade II Winner

Postby Mood Swings » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:00 pm

K~2 wrote:Mood Swings, you beat me this time! :twisted:

Do you have any in the sale?

Haha, it gave me great pleasure to do so :lol:

I have one mare, however I'm prepared to not only bring her home (if need be) but several others to keep her company, lol.

There are a lot of quality offerings this year. Did you see there are two G.2 winners (both are G.1 placed) and one of them has over $1,000,000 in earnings?! I am quite certain that Ontario has Never offered such a mare.

Apparently they are unable to offer the practical catalogue format - something to do with pdfs? Seems silly to me but I know very little about computers.

I've read and reread the catalogue a few times :)

Gallop58
Maiden Special Weight

Yearlings?

Postby Gallop58 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:33 pm

Anyone have any back story on any of the yearlings on offer?
Anyone have any luck buying yearlings out of this sale?

On paper, a few look like they might be worth a look, though they're usually culls, if you could find one being sold for connections reasons vs horse reasons, perhaps there's a bargain to be found....They sure go for peanuts...

Fair Play
Allowance Winner

Re: Yearlings?

Postby Fair Play » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:17 am

Gallop58 wrote:Anyone have any back story on any of the yearlings on offer?
Anyone have any luck buying yearlings out of this sale?

On paper, a few look like they might be worth a look, though they're usually culls, if you could find one being sold for connections reasons vs horse reasons, perhaps there's a bargain to be found....They sure go for peanuts...

I don't know any stories on any particular horses, but have shopped here and sold here in the past with good success. We had to use up $3000 in credits won in FE once. The two animals we ended up with both turned out great. One was a beautiful filly worth ten times that, but her owner just needed his numbers down. I would go early and see what you can learn. It is hard to give away a horse right now, so there will be some major steals as always.

Maureen
Allowance Winner

Postby Maureen » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:43 pm

Well, got home about an hour ago, and the sale was not good. Lots of mares didn't even get a bid. Really sad.

X_EQUUS
Suckling

Postby X_EQUUS » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:09 pm

The Mixed Sale was very disappointing. The Broodmare results were just plain terrible. Of the 96 offered for sale, 50% (48 horses) did not sell. Of the 48 that did not sell, 66% (32 horses) could not even get a bid. The average dropped from $6,380 in 2007 to $3,363 this year. The median dropped from $4,200 last year to just $1,700. Many breeders are living in "the house of pain"!!!

Mood Swings
Grade II Winner

Postby Mood Swings » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:49 am

It was an awful sale!! It was so terribly sad to see so many of the Pedigree farms dispersal horses not even get a bid :( Many of those mares were in foal thus the cycle continues ... :(

ASB
Starters Handicap

Postby ASB » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:43 am

Can someone please post the hip by hip results? I'm on my blackberry on vacation without my laptop and for some reason the results link on the sales site won't show up for me but the catalog will, oddly enough.

I'm curious to see if a client bought any of the ones I recommended to her and her husband. Thanks.

Rubytuesday
2yo Maiden

Postby Rubytuesday » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:14 am

Unfortunately we never made it to the sale.

What will happen to these mares that did not sale?
Is there a way of getting in touch with a few of the breeders to see if they will sale them outside the sale

We watched on the live webcast and there was a few 3yr olds that did not sell either.

We were heading down with a trailer in tow hoping to come back with a few.

Fair Play
Allowance Winner

Postby Fair Play » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:39 pm

Rubytuesday wrote:Unfortunately we never made it to the sale.

What will happen to these mares that did not sale?
Is there a way of getting in touch with a few of the breeders to see if they will sale them outside the sale

Horses that don't sell remain the property of the owner who consigned them.

Here are the sales results listing consigner, buyer and price. Any that RNA'd would be taken home or sold back in the barn after the sale.

http://www.cthsont.com/sales_app/view_sale.php

You would have to google various stables or call the CTHS office and ask if they would give you contact info.

Rubytuesday
2yo Maiden

Postby Rubytuesday » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:10 pm

I will give it a try but if anyone knows of any consignor still looking to sell or find homes for a few of their horses please pm me. I might be able to support a few more for the winter. (not like I need anymore but why not!!)