OBS January

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Sock Monkey
Allowance Winner

OBS January

Postby Sock Monkey » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:41 am

Anyone going? Any thoughts on the catalogue? Does anyone else think it looks like a pretty weak sale? Lots of Adena Springs mares - anyone know if they're sending them to sell or will they have strong reserves?

Hold Your Peace
Allowance Winner

Postby Hold Your Peace » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:47 pm

In the "preferred session" there are only something like 38 mares being sold that AREN'T Adena mares. The Adena mares are definitely there to be sold. I'd be surprised if they have a reserve on any of them.

Very weak catalog for mares (the Adena mares included).

Might be a few nice babies in there. Can't really tell just from a catalog page.

The stats for the sale will be really ugly.

I see very, very few mares worth having at any price.

Might be some sweet deals on some babies though that IF (and that's a big IF) the economy (horse and otherwise) turns around could be resold for a nice return later this year.

I think the entire bloodstock world is anxiously awaiting the 2yo sales in a few months to see if there are still any end users out there buying. For quite some time people have bought weanlings to resell as yearlings and have bought yearlings to resell as 2yo's but if there are no end users buying the 2yo's in a few months then the entire system collapses (even more than it already has).