EVD 2 Year Old in training sale

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

JaradM
Allowance Winner

EVD 2 Year Old in training sale

Postby JaradM » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:40 am

It's still over a month away but anyone going to watch the preview gallop show?

ageecee
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ageecee » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:10 am

Going to the sale but not the gallop show.

Is the catalogue out yet?

JaradM
Allowance Winner

Postby JaradM » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:12 am

I will give them a call today to see when it will be mailed out.

Sock Monkey
Allowance Winner

Postby Sock Monkey » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:22 am

ageecee wrote:Going to the sale but not the gallop show.

Me, too. You think if we all go Don will set up a VIP tent? :wink:

Jarad, are you shopping? :D

JaradM
Allowance Winner

Postby JaradM » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:44 am

[quote="Sock Monkey"][quote="ageecee"]Going to the sale but not the gallop show.
[/quote]

Jarad, are you shopping? :D[/quote]

Hi Sock,

I am just going to meet some folks and check out the horses. Currently plan on going both days unless something comes up.

Ageecee,

The sale book went to the printing press this am and should be mailed in 2 weeks.

ageecee
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ageecee » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:12 pm

[quote="Sock Monkey"][quote="ageecee"]Going to the sale but not the gallop show.
[/quote]

Don?

ageecee
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ageecee » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:13 pm

Thanks Jared. Any idea on how many horses are in the sale?

foxtale
Maiden Special Weight

Postby foxtale » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:58 am

Off the subject, but just noticed you guys are the LA crowd... any suggestions on getting my horses in races down there.. I have 3 that have been there since New Years Day and can't get them in.... any help would be appreciated!

JaradM
Allowance Winner

Postby JaradM » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:01 am

[quote="foxtale"]Off the subject, but just noticed you guys are the LA crowd... any suggestions on getting my horses in races down there.. I have 3 that have been there since New Years Day and can't get them in.... any help would be appreciated![/quote]

If you are trying to get in at Delta with no luck then try the Fair Grounds. I have heard a bunch of complaints from friends that cant get into races at Delta this meet. Maybe the others can shed some light on this issue.

JaradM
Allowance Winner

Postby JaradM » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:06 am

[quote="ageecee"][quote="Sock Monkey"][quote="ageecee"]Going to the sale but not the gallop show.
[/quote]

Don?[/quote]

ageecee,

She is talking about Don Stemmens who is running the sale. As far as the number of hips, I am guessing around 200, last year was 172.

ageecee
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ageecee » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:19 am

Sent you a PM foxtale.

Sock Monkey
Allowance Winner

Postby Sock Monkey » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:16 am

foxtale wrote:Off the subject, but just noticed you guys are the LA crowd... any suggestions on getting my horses in races down there.. I have 3 that have been there since New Years Day and can't get them in.... any help would be appreciated!

It's tough to get in a DED. It was bad early in the meet, then got a little better and now, with the purse increase it's bad again.

How many times have you entered? It's been taking a couple of tries recently. And, of course, it depends on what you're running. Some conditions are pretty easy to get in (allowance and upper level claimers). Others - like maidens and lower level claimers - are not.

I can't tell you any way to ensure you'll get in other than keep entering - eventually you'll have the right date. And, plan on running every 4 - 6 weeks. If you need to run more often, look somewhere else (unless you're running in certain conditions).

Ageecee, if you have a better trick - PM me, too, please!

foxtale
Maiden Special Weight

Postby foxtale » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:15 am

We have mostly maidens... so I guess we are screwed... tried at both Fairgrounds and Delta, hopefully one looks like she'll get in... at least my first time starter was able to train there (La). Penn Nationals track has been horrible this winter...since they 'resurfaced' it , the bottom is coming up. ( Nice...huh!) And Philly, as always, is hard as concrete. We will bring them home late Mar-early April, but was hoping to get in a few races......
Let us help you to take advantage of lucrative PENNSYLVANIA Bred Breeding and Racing Incentive Programs worth over $20 MILLION annually.

Standing in 2010: www.foxtalestud.com
CAPITANO
RUBIYAT
SMART GUY

JaradM
Allowance Winner

Postby JaradM » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:30 am

[quote="foxtale"]We have mostly maidens... so I guess we are screwed... tried at both Fairgrounds and Delta, hopefully one looks like she'll get in... at least my first time starter was able to train there (La). Penn Nationals track has been horrible this winter...since they 'resurfaced' it , the bottom is coming up. ( Nice...huh!) And Philly, as always, is hard as concrete. We will bring them home late Mar-early April, but was hoping to get in a few races......[/quote]

You might want to consider staying in LA until Mid April. EVD opens on April 8th and they run 14 horse fields. If you get your paperwork in early and get a zero date you should be able to get a race in the fist two weeks. :D

foxtale
Maiden Special Weight

Postby foxtale » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:37 am

Thanks Jared... if we can get in a few races before then, we may stay... but they have to pay their own way... I can get them in here (PA), as 3 out of the 5 are PA breds. We are possibly considering a few La breds for next winter. We may even look into bringing our stallion, RUBIYAT down to stand in LA for 2010... how do you think he might fare there? He consistently bred around 15 mares here, but 2009 looks like he will do around 25...( maybe more once his first crop of PA bred 3yos will run this year)...on stallions query, you can find a post about him. Let me know! Thanks!
Let us help you to take advantage of lucrative PENNSYLVANIA Bred Breeding and Racing Incentive Programs worth over $20 MILLION annually.

Standing in 2010: www.foxtalestud.com

CAPITANO

RUBIYAT

SMART GUY