Anyone at Fasig-Tipton Midlantic 2-Y-O's In Training Sale?

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

KBEquine
Grade III Winner

Postby KBEquine » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:43 pm

I think a lot of people are finding themselves in the racing business kinda by accident these days.

We're right there with you, or will be, when our 2 y.o.s are farther along. We kinda found out we'd be owners back at the yearling sales last year, :( and since we weren't putting them in the 2 y.o. in training sale, our prep has been much more leisurely.

But I have to say, last year we had a filly on the track briefly & the first time I went to watch MY horse work, I had the goofiest grin I just couldn't wipe off my face. :lol: For a work, for cryin' out loud. But it was amazing how much fun it was.

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:46 am

KBEquine: I agree with you alot! When we purchased Allou she had been in training so we kept her there - she went to Florida for the winter and trained and raced for us twice, which was quite enough :wink: She decided that since her daddy was Seattle Slew and her grandpa was Easy Goer she really didn't have to race all she had to do was go out there and look pretty :roll: Needless to say - that was enough money spent on her for training and off she went to the breeding shed :shock: Watching her race however was a big thrill for us!

I believe this filly, although as pretty as her mama, will be a better runner.
"We are the people our parents warned us about" - Jimmy Buffett

"My occupational hazard is that my occupation is just not around" - Jimmy Buffett

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:54 am

clh wrote:Nope - she's coming home after all. She stayed in VA to recoup after an illness she got on the sales grounds - we couldn't agree on a price :) She shipped to Louisville today to a trainer. He's going to look at her and see what he thinks - looks like we are in the racing business afterall.

Now we'll need to come up with a name for Tallulah.

I had thought about: Toccetful of Slew

What's wrong WITH Tallulah itself? Taken? I love it!
sorry deal fell through. :(
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.
----Arrested Development

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:00 pm

I don't know Toccet02 - I guess we just always thought of Tallulah as her "barn name". But we could I guess :?

"My occupational hazard is that my occupation is just not around" - Jimmy Buffett

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:21 pm

Well, you don't sound thrilled about it, and you'd need to be! :wink: . Sorry to butt in---I just thought it was adorable. SHE is adorable and I bet she'll do great.
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.

----Arrested Development

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:19 pm

Don't pout Toccet - I know she's your godchild and all (HA). Actually I love her barn name - guess I just hadn't thought about that being her registered name. Always thought if we raced again (?) we'd have something named really classy or something - as if that matters!!!