Two Nice Horses for Sale

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

jellac
Grade I Winner

Two Nice Horses for Sale

Postby jellac » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:24 pm

I have two horses for sale in Texas, near Navasota (about 1Hr WNW o/o Houston).

1) TIME FOR AN IRISH('01) - A 4YO TB filly by IRISH OPEN out of my mare, Noon Time Dora(a black mare). She is only 14.3HH, a very dark brown/bay (you can usually not even see her points her body color is so dark) with no white on her at all. She is at the farm where she was foaled/raised just outside of Navasota, Tx. Besides being on the small side for a TB, her overwhelming trait is her sweet, puppy dog gentle and human friendly personality. This sweet creature will come when called - never runs away - and will follow me around in preference to other horses it seems all day long. She has a lovely head with almost Arabian like features: a sculpted head with slightly dished, wide forehead, large lustrous eyes, tapering to a delicate muzzle with large nostrils. She is not perfectly straight in front, her left fore deviates slightly below the knee and her left fore toes in just a tad. She does have very good bone and a great, deep hip, a deep girth and long body length to her back length ratio. She has an excellent level top line. She tracks straight and true but will paddle slightly when galloped hard over a distance of ground. We sent her off to be backed and then trained on for racing very late in her 2YO year hoping she might get bigger. She did everything asked of her and never had any heat or swelling, injuries etc. However, I had told our trainer that unless she showed superior talent/desire to win that I didn't want to continue on with her because of her small size. Besides her personality and good looks begged for another career. Now, she's been turned out at the farm for over 9 months. She gets on well with the other mares in a large herd of broodmares - holds her own despite being almost 'foal sized' to many of them. She is easily saddled and bridled, goes readily wherever asked, although she is green. She is not spooky or 'wired' as some TBs are. An experienced beginner to intermediate rider can handle this horse as she is, though she of course has lots to learn. With very little training a novice youth/child rider or small adult could have a lot of fun riding/competing with this pretty girl. I think with training/riding experience this horse will prove to be great for beginners/children as well. She wants to please and be loved, enjoys human attention. Polo Lacrosse or polo are another option for the youth/smaller player - also games. I think she would make a very smart driving horse and of course she'd combine well with a welsh pony stallion to produce sport pony babies. Asking $2500. A good home is most important. Will guarantee she is sound (i.e. refund your pre-purchase exam if found to be unsound)

2) SAIL ON BATTLE - Appendix QH - 5YO G - 16.1HH (and then a tiny bit more). He is by Seattle Battle (TB) out of an Appendix QH mare with TB sireline and classic QH names tail female. He is very light bay with white markings on his face, socks on opposite legs - so has some flash. This very thoroughbred looking gelding has presense and substance to him with a very handsome head. He's expressive and alert to his surroundings - a very engaged, sensible easy going horse but never bored or indifferent. He has been turned out now about 3 months with a bunch of bossy ol' broodmares and had no trouble fitting in. He's been ridden a bit by a novice adult (ME!!) with no problems. He was lightly raced - I think 8 outs lifetime - winning 1X. We purchased him while he was at Sam Houston for the '04 QH meet on Labor Day and were able to race him only once at a distance shorter than his normal distance of 870YDs. He had a lot of traffic/interference and still finished a close, closing 5th, back only about 1 length from the leader. After that out - intended to be a prep race - he just didn't draw in to any of the races we entered at his distance of 870YDs before the meet ended. He was a sane and sound horse at the track and is even more relaxed now at the farm. He is very straight, flat kneed and clean legged, with good feet. He is at the same location as the mare above. He has the temperment and look for H/J, the size and athletic build for eventing/jumping and would also simply make a great pleasure mount. He might also be a good candidate for speed events/games. Asking $5000 for this one but again a good home/fit with his new owners is paramount. He is also vet-check guaranteed as noted above.

I can send photos on both horses.