Siberian Summer at Sales

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

karenkarenn
Breeder's Cup Winner

Siberian Summer at Sales

Postby karenkarenn » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:37 pm

Hello
Does anyone know out there how Siberian Summer is doing at the Sales?
karen

tbrace
Restricted Stakes Winner

s

Postby tbrace » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:37 pm

You can always buy a Siberian Summer cheaper than you can breed one.

Run down past sales results at Barrett's sales and you will see the pattern.

Not to say they aren't good horses, some very much are. They just aren't commercial.

karenkarenn
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby karenkarenn » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:49 am

Hello Tbrace-
I was thinking about buying on at the sale in Oct. and taking it to the two year old training sale. What do you think?
Karen

tbrace
Restricted Stakes Winner

SS

Postby tbrace » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:45 am

Hi, Karen,

I would bet you might find a good one. One problem is that the SS horses tend to mature late, and haven't been great two year olds. Trainers and buyers would know this, and might shy away some.

If you can, one plan might to be buy one, let it mature a little while turned out, and then take it to the track, but with the plan of selling it.

Get it with a good trainer later in the year, and let him or her know that you want to sell it. If it runs good, late in it's two year old year or early three year old year, there will plenty of buyers.

Be very careful, though, buying at the two year old sales, as some people push them very hard to get them to the sale - harder than a two year old should train in many cases.

zinn21
3rd Year Sire

Postby zinn21 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:45 am

I can't recall a SS pinhook that sold well but I could easily be wrong. SS's generally mature a little late though he had some nice fall two year olds. You might want to consider other stallions like Momentum, Benchmark, Marino Marini, Sea Of Secrets. That said look for an athlete and don't be afraid to buy one that doesn't already look like a 2 year old.