If a stallion stays in Argentina........

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

winds
Breeder's Cup Contender

If a stallion stays in Argentina........

Postby winds » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:16 am

What effect does that have on selling one of his offspring?

winds

IcouldbeU
Maiden Special Weight

Postby IcouldbeU » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:23 am

Is Request For Parole staying in Argentina and not coming back to Fox Tale? Are they getting someone to take his place?
Sadly, and I have no idea this is just a gut feeling, but I think by staying in Argentina it is saying there is no market for him in the US and his offspring would not sell well.

winds
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby winds » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:28 pm

Yes, that's what I was told by FoxTale. It's a shame because I thought he'd be a great breed to race stallion. I still like my foal by him. But you're right about selling her, oh well......

winds

Crystal
Freshman Sire

Postby Crystal » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:23 am

Is he just not shuttling back or was he sold? Big difference. Not shuttling for a year just means his connections don't want to spend the 20k to bring him home. If he was sold then it means he was somewhat disappointing to his connections.

winds
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby winds » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:55 am

From what I was told he's staying there for 3 years then it's up in the air. Nothing was said about him being sold. He did get alot more mares in Argentina than he did here in PA his second season. What a shame.

We wanted to go back to him ( our mare foaled late ) and he was already in quarentine so we couldn't breed back.

winds

Bohemia
Starters Handicap

Postby Bohemia » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:07 pm

From what I understand he was not sold outright, he still has the same owners (Jeri and Sam Knighton).

Does it really cost $20K to ship a horse to Argentina and/or bring him back? I had no idea it was so much.

winds
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby winds » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:05 pm

Wish I knew how much he was standing for there, don't know to much about the farm he's at in Argentina.

winds

da hossman
Allowance Winner

Postby da hossman » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:27 pm

It does cost $20k to make the trip (each way) - the shuttle arrangement could have been made requiring the Southern Hemisphere party to pay for both ways on the shuttle - I have made several such arrangements but do not know the details of the Request For Parole deal.

I have to believe the owners (Knighton?) have worked the numbers and believe they will not make any money or perhaps break even based upon the projected number of mares & season prices if they shuttle the horse back to PA.
A difference of opinion is what makes horse racing and missionaries.

Will Rogers

winds
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby winds » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:41 pm

Well, I'm sorry he didn't come back because I wanted to breed my mare back to him. I bred to him his first season, missed the second because he was in quarentine. sigh, oh well.

winds