Peace Rules

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

louis finochio
Darley line

Peace Rules

Postby louis finochio » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:50 pm

A friend of mine knew the original owner of Peace Rules, which cost him 38,000. Peace Rules was then resold at $300,000 plus for a nice profit.
This friend of my friend bred Peace Rules and didnt know the value of Peace Rules when he was sold for 38,000.

The moral of this story is, when you dont know the value of a TB, find someone that does.
Those without sin cast the first stone.
Louis Finochio

LSB
Grade II Winner

Postby LSB » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:58 pm

It also makes a big difference however, what Peace Rules was doing between the time he sold for 38K and when he sold for 300K.

BJ
Horse of the Year

Re: Peace Rules

Postby BJ » Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:02 pm

louis finochio wrote:A friend of mine knew the original owner of Peace Rules, which cost him 38,000. Peace Rules was then resold at $300,000 plus for a nice profit.
This friend of my friend bred Peace Rules and didnt know the value of Peace Rules when he was sold for 38,000.

The moral of this story is, when you dont know the value of a TB, find someone that does.

Good, sound advice, as usual Louis!

FOS
Freshman Sire

Postby FOS » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:48 pm

hi louis finochio,

Peace Rules did not work particularly impressively as a 2-year-old...nor was he a particularly impressive individual. His dam was sold also...prior to his accomplishments.

I submit that he did nothing to suggest that he was worth one penny more than he brought...when sold at the OBS two-year-olds in training sale.

After he broke his maiden...well that's another story.

If you saw him now...and didn't know who he was and what he accomplished at the track...I suggest he's NOT the kind of horse that would turn your head.

Furthermore...I suggest he's very easy to pick apart...regardless, he's booked FULL at $15k live...but difficult to recommend (for many reasons).

If he had the "look" and had a female family of any consequence whatsoever...he'd probably be standing in Kentucky for $30k (+-).

But WOW...he was one heck of a race horse.

Respectfully

Keith
Grade III Winner

Peace Rules gets his first stakes winner in Trifecta King

Postby Keith » Mon May 26, 2008 3:27 am

Trifecta King by Peace Rules-Mamita by Unbridled wins the Cinderella Stakes at Hollywood Park yesterday. Strange name to call a filly a king. Iguess they really wanted a colt. Peace Rules gets his first stakes winner

Keith

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Mon May 26, 2008 2:26 pm

Peace Rules caught my eye early in his 3YO season because he was obviously raring to go---mouth wide open, trying to bull through holes, and yet still had enough to win (or place well--was a while ago).
Very game. Very strong.
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.
----Arrested Development