Check out Hip #80

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

madelyn

Check out Hip #80

Postby madelyn » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:26 am

in the Keeneland Two Year Old Sale - out of a 1981 Mare!!!!

http://apps.keeneland.com/sales/Apr10/pdfs/80.pdf
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

drewsbadboy
Maiden Special Weight

Postby drewsbadboy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:34 am

Wow! I love older mares, but I'd be thinking about retiring her; she looks like she's sure earned that. (It's hard to say that though because I don't know the horse and maybe she's in outstanding physical shape and not yet ready for retirement :) ).

edited to add: It is a great reflection on her caregivers that she is still able to produce healthy foals at her age. Good care really is essential! :D

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:30 pm

drewsbadboy wrote:Wow! I love older mares, but I'd be thinking about retiring her; she looks like she's sure earned that. (It's hard to say that though because I don't know the horse and maybe she's in outstanding physical shape and not yet ready for retirement :) )

They may be ahead of you - per Equibase, she did not have a foal last year, and nothing's been reported this year, either.

Sure is cool seeing Bold Ruler & Ridan that close in a pedigree. ;) Plus she's a half sister to a good mare named Water Chimes, who I remember fondly - never saw her run, but a picture I drew of her won a ribbon in the town art show. :lol:

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Re: Check out Hip #80

Postby Joltman » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:46 am

madelyn wrote:in the Keeneland Two Year Old Sale - out of a 1981 Mare!!!!

http://apps.keeneland.com/sales/Apr10/pdfs/80.pdf

Well -that allows plenty of opportunities to get a decent looking pedigree page....

jm
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.