Wygod dispersal at Barretts

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Pav
2yo Maiden

Wygod dispersal at Barretts

Postby Pav » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:43 pm

Anyone else find it interesting that there are no mares in foal to Benchmark in the sale? All of the other former River Edge stallions are represented. Any general thoughts on the catalog?

Pav

fastappy
Starters Handicap

Wygod Dispersal

Postby fastappy » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:50 am

Yeah, that is strange that none of the mares are in foal to Benchmark. I have a Benchmark filly right now and her value in the sales ring is probably 1k (at best) since the Wygods have flooded the market with all their stallion progeny. I'm not really complaining as I had planned to run the filly anyhow, but those that do, will probably take a beating.

Why breed to those stallions in 2011 when you should be able to get a mare in foal, a yearling, or weanling for far less than what it's gonna cost you to start from scratch. There are exceptions of course, but now would be a great time to buy a mare in foal & become the Cal-Bred Breeder as well.

It will be interesting to see what the sale does with so many horses on the market. It could dilute the buyers money in which case as mentioned above individual small breeders would take a beating (like at Nor-Cal) or it could be an incentive for Western regional state buyers to come in and boost the sale (maybe selling more horses but not dropping the average so much).
"He's by Damon Runyon out of a Don Rickles mare," Actor Jack Klugman

Diane

Postby Diane » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:17 am

Hip #81 gripes me
http://www.barretts.com/catalog/catoct10/pdf/81.pdf
She's a 2007 filly by RHT, unraced, bred as a 2 yr old, foaled a 2010 and now selling i/f.
There is no excuse for breeding a 2yr old.

fastappy
Starters Handicap

Postby fastappy » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:39 pm

Yeah, that's pretty messed up. I guess they wanted a quick return on their investment. :?

https://secure.keeneland.com/sales/sep09/pdfs/664.pdf

Sysonby
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Sysonby » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:27 am

The funny thing is that I have all of the RHTs on Stable Mail and I was waiting for that one to debut.

I guess I can stop waiting. :D

fastappy
Starters Handicap

Postby fastappy » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:19 am

RHT, he's slowly creeping up so I'm hoping he'll come around by the end of next season. :)