one more open house. - Richland Hills

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Crystal
Freshman Sire

one more open house. - Richland Hills

Postby Crystal » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:16 am

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... -stud-fees

Jan 9th-12th 10am-2pm. They are in Midway.

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:22 pm

My computer is running very, very slow tonight! Does Purim still stand at Richland Hills? He's quite, well, uhmmmm "studly" and worth taking a look at if he's still there :)
"We are the people our parents warned us about" - Jimmy Buffett

"My occupational hazard is that my occupation is just not around" - Jimmy Buffett

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:14 pm

clh wrote:My computer is running very, very slow tonight! Does Purim still stand at Richland Hills? He's quite, well, uhmmmm "studly" and worth taking a look at if he's still there :)

Yes, Purim is still at Richland Hills.

ASB
Starters Handicap

Postby ASB » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:46 am

I haven't seen Purim but he had a colt go for only 4k yesterday, but I loved the way he moved. I was only in the market for mares, but this colt was worth a gamble.

A guy I know who was buying a few mares ended up getting him as a possible pinhook or to race himself.

justinnich
Maiden Special Weight

Postby justinnich » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:55 am

ASB, we actually bought that 4k colt, haha. We vetted and scoped him and everything was clean, and I loved the cross with Dynaformer historically with that mare. Sure, the mare is older and Purim is not Dynaformer, but he was a clean yearling, and we had done our homework on him, so when the bidding was stuck at 3,000, I put my hand up, and that was all it took.

Here's hoping he represents the first crop well!

ASB
Starters Handicap

Postby ASB » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:13 am

Then I think we met or at least someone with you. Are you going back today? I'm headed there now.

justinnich
Maiden Special Weight

Postby justinnich » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:17 am

I was with our trainer, JJ Toner, so it's possible that's who you met...could've been me too since we were running around an awful lot. He's still on the grounds cause we are looking at some racing prospects, but I was just there Sat-Mon. We also ended up buying 248, the Dynaformer mare, who was downgraded to just a broodmare prospect, but we've dealt with injuries like hers before, and I think with a little time she should be able to race again.

If indeed we did meet, I'm the dorky looking young guy with glasses, haha. Oh, and nice to meet you!

Anyway, best of luck the rest of the sale, and I'm glad you thought well of the gamble we took too!

ASB
Starters Handicap

Postby ASB » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:30 am

Yeah we met in passing. I was talking to JJ.

I didn't see the Dynaformer mare but I saw you guys picked her up. I ended up having my agent get a mare for a little more than I thought she would go for. Ended up just under 20k. I think i'll send her to Yes It's True and send her down to Florida.

The Purim colt really did have quality to him. You can tell he's a bit immature for his stage but that's to be expected with his pedigree. Interestingly, I've done pedigree research for both his three-quarter sisters for two different clients, and one preferred a mile and under while the other wanted 10f. The one who wanted shorter has thrown horses who want 12f. There's a nice Successful Appeal I hear good things about working in Florida. When I get back down there I'll be headed to Gulfstream and I'll check her out. So the page looks to improve.

I'll be at the sale the rest of the week if anyone wants to meet up, although I think I'm done buying. I hope, anyway. :wink:

Crystal
Freshman Sire

Postby Crystal » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:05 am

Richland Hills has a Purim filly going through tomorrow. The mare Blushing Deed is back infoal to Purim. She is listed in Starquine, AND there is a photo of the yearling in her listing as well. Granted I bet she looks awesome at the sale!!

https://secure.keeneland.com/sales/jan10/pdfs/841.pdf

http://www.starquine.com/showlisting2.asp?id=8662

NICE LOOKING MARE! Back in foal to Purim, G2 Placed :)

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:28 pm

McCaskill was in foal to Purim and lost that filly last January. He was a gorgeous stallion and if new stallions improve with age, he should really be a looker by now would be my guess. Although this filly was still born she looked just Purim. He really was a brute and if you can't get to the dad go to one of his son's that you like ;) And we liked him alot.

Good luck with your Purim colt justinnich! Hope he brings you much success!
"We are the people our parents warned us about" - Jimmy Buffett

"My occupational hazard is that my occupation is just not around" - Jimmy Buffett

justinnich
Maiden Special Weight

Postby justinnich » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:16 pm

Thanks for the well-wishes clh...here's hoping he works out for the best! And thanks for the info ASB, please do let me know if you learn anything more about the family. I'll be curious to hear.

We ended up making one more purchase...Zifzaf, a 4yo colt that Shadwell was culling. He's only run twice on the grass, running a good third to El Crespo and breaking his maiden last out, and since he's already in training we should be able to run him back pretty soon. Here's hoping that one works out as well, haha.

Anyone else do any buying/selling?

ASB
Starters Handicap

Postby ASB » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:56 pm

I just bought the one on the first day. There's a few I have my eye on but they'll have to be practically ignored for me to throw a bid in.

I followed Zifzaf on the track. If I remember correctly, they really wanted a win on the Keeneland synthetic and he wasn't having it. He's turf thru and thru.

He's got a good page on him. Spotted well, I think he can make you guys some money and turn into something to flip to a foreign market.

justinnich
Maiden Special Weight

Postby justinnich » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:38 am

ASB, I think that's completely right about that colt. He was tried 4 times on synthetic and couldn't get the job done, but has two very solid grass races to his record. I figure at the price (25k), he can always be thrown into claiming company if he doesn't make it at higher levels, and on the grass he should be very competitive there.

Good luck with your last few, and here's hoping something falls through the cracks for ya