Fasig Tipton July Sale

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:23 pm

KAL wrote:Glad to hear the steroid rules, which went into effect in 2008, are having an impact. It was really getting out of hand. Still think this might be a very significant reason for seeing "less advanced" horses at the sales now. As with everything else, it takes a couple years to see the real effect. Gotta' hand it to the sales, they seem to at least be trying to bathe and dress the pig.

By the way, a really good source led me to believe there would have been positives in 2008 but for policitical and publicity reasons things were somewhat "muted"... with complete implications that things would have to change going forward... which was probably the best way to handle it.

Unfortunately the purpose of the steroid testing was never to "out" the offenders. In fact at the meeting where the changes were announced, it was stated that Keeneland would definitely not be releasing any names. A failed test gives the buyer the option to return his purchase, that's all. The difference in the sales horses being offered was pretty immediate.

I probably should clarify...when I said above that some of the yearlings were small, I was talking height not build or muscle development. Most of the yearling were very well turned out--but some weren't very tall.

Shammy Davis
Chef de Race: Classic

Postby Shammy Davis » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:36 pm

Discovery
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Discovery » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:56 am

Kal, Raut llc is gennadi dorochenko. Most, if not all, of the horses he bought will be sent to russia.

da hossman
Allowance Winner

Postby da hossman » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:08 pm

KAL "trying to bathe and dress the pig" :lol: :lol:

Never heard that one before! Still laughing!
A difference of opinion is what makes horse racing and missionaries.

Will Rogers

Crystal
Freshman Sire

Postby Crystal » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:22 pm

450k for a Medaglia colt... good looking colt close up :) He was a star all weekend.