Keeneland September Sale

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

LB
Eclipse Champion

Re: quiet american

Postby LB » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:53 pm

jagger wrote:I take it you are a Fappiano fan....as am I. Mr. P's best son....by far. I love him in a pedigree as well. Especially in combo with Storm Cat and A.P. Indy. Any combo's you like? We have a Storm Cat granddaughter on the track now that we are thinking about taking to QA when her racing career ends. I would love to hear more detail about Quiet American's nature/habits/personality, if you wouldn't mind. Perhaps in the form of a PM so as not to bore the others on the forum.

Just don't wait too long. Quiet American is already 24. 25 next breeding season.

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:17 am

I am gonna stick my neck on the line here and make a prediction.

I am just looking at Book 3 to start with and am about 1/3 of the way through it, its poor to be kind.
There are only about 5 horses (on pedigree alone) I would like.

I predict a bloodbath this year if the other books are similar.

madelyn

Re: quiet american

Postby madelyn » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:47 am

LB wrote:
jagger wrote:I take it you are a Fappiano fan....as am I. Mr. P's best son....by far. I love him in a pedigree as well. Especially in combo with Storm Cat and A.P. Indy. Any combo's you like? We have a Storm Cat granddaughter on the track now that we are thinking about taking to QA when her racing career ends. I would love to hear more detail about Quiet American's nature/habits/personality, if you wouldn't mind. Perhaps in the form of a PM so as not to bore the others on the forum.

Just don't wait too long. Quiet American is already 24. 25 next breeding season.

I, too, am a big Fappiano fan.. and have a nice Cryptoclearance colt this year out of my big Boston Harbor mare. I almost waited too long.. Crypto passed away last September!
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

jagger
Grade III Winner

QA

Postby jagger » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:01 am

I am aware of the urgency to get to Quiet American. Will be applying for a season within the month. The cross is proven. Capt. Candyman Can and Sidney's Candy are both Fappiano/Storm Cat so I'm reasonably sure our mare will be accepted.

Our Candy Ride filly's stock just went up with the Sidney's Candy's outstanding performance at Del Mar yesterday. Hopefully our filly will sell well and this will help pay for training and then stud fee for QA.

Mood Swings
Grade II Winner

Postby Mood Swings » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:14 am

Good luck jagger - I am a big fan of both Stormy Atlantic and Candy Ride. I'll definately have a peek at your kids when I there :)
"People come and go but horses leave hoofprints on your heart"

jagger
Grade III Winner

Sid

Postby jagger » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:10 am

Thanks, Mood Swings. I keep watching Sidney's MONSTER race where he set the course record with the jockey easing him up in the last half furlong. Twirling Candy, another of Jenny Craig's horses, also had a big race on the green stuff last month as well. He beat the same horse that Sid pulled away from at the 3/4 pole.

Where in Ontario? Born in Toronto myself but have not been in Canada since 1969. Want to hook up in Lexington during the sale?

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:14 am

TC's only run three times. He is a BIG horse and very green. He looked super working out on Saturday and finished really, really strong.

Here is SC in the paddock

And here's TC working out. Digital elph cameras are not very good at taking pictures of animals running fast. I had no room to take my Nikon 35MM with the lenses.

Last edited by Tappiano on Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mood Swings
Grade II Winner

Postby Mood Swings » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:26 am

jagger - I am north of the big TO in Newmarket. It would be great to meet a fellow PQer, I'll be there from the 12th to possibly th 21st. Plenty of time to try and meet up :)

Tappiano - SC looks fantastic! Is he a liver chestnut? We have a stunning colt by CR at the farm. Although admittedly I have yet to see a CR foal that I don't like.
"People come and go but horses leave hoofprints on your heart"

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:03 am

I'm not sure what "shade" he'd be considered but isn't there a lot of chrome and flash on CR's dam side that could explain the shade of red? He's not the only one who is not red, red if you know what I mean.

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:37 am

I think I have found a horse with three legs.

Hip 4472 Street Sense - Win My Heart bay filly

1/2 sister to Kinsella $2.2m yearling, Street Sense current fee $50,000

What is this filly doing in book 6?

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:10 pm

The books are out. Time for some good reading. :)

Fireslam
Allowance Winner

Postby Fireslam » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:24 pm

dublino wrote:I think I have found a horse with three legs.

Hip 4472 Street Sense - Win My Heart bay filly

1/2 sister to Kinsella $2.2m yearling, Street Sense current fee $50,000

What is this filly doing in book 6?

I dont see anything so special with that pedigree; I see just as good or better in that book. If she's average looking, its where she belongs.

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:28 am

wow--hip 4466-- inbred 2 X 3 to Two Punch.
That's something I've never seen. Anyone else?
Good or terrible idea? Pretty close anyway.
What the hell. Unless it has three heads, I'll "buy" it for my fantasy stable.
LOVE Two Punch.
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.
----Arrested Development

vallygirl927
Allowance Winner

Postby vallygirl927 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:15 pm

FYI Madelyn, Sunday Holiday's Ghostzapper filly sells in session 9.

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:58 pm

There was lots of activity on the grounds today. I don't think I've ever seen Keeneland so crowded on a day when the sale wasn't yet in progress. Here's hoping lots of people came to buy. :)