Wow, Great Deals to be Had

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

madelyn

Wow, Great Deals to be Had

Postby madelyn » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:31 pm

Keeneland January, sigh, all I can say is that It Is A Really Good Thing I Am Locked Up In a Training Class in California. Some really astonishingly low prices.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

da hossman
Allowance Winner

Postby da hossman » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:11 am

The only values I saw were older mares - "some astonishingly bad horses" would have been my comment. KEEJAN reverted to its former cull sale status (recent past years had major dispersals that provided quality horses). Anything with quality brought more than it would have at KEENOV. I was able to buy 7 horses at KEENOV at good value, but at KEEJAN I was outbid time and again for the same quality horse.
A difference of opinion is what makes horse racing and missionaries.

Will Rogers

ASB
Starters Handicap

Postby ASB » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:02 pm

It was an absolute horrible physical sale. I've never seen so many disasters in one Keeneland sale.

Also, I was shocked at how forgiving people were for those physicals. I saw a few fillies, unbred, that were absolute trainwrecks, bring near six figures. It was boggling.

Mood Swings
Grade II Winner

Postby Mood Swings » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:10 am

All I can say is that I am sooooo glad that I didn't go. The temptation would have too great to purchase a mare or two.... I haven't even looked at results yet as it is too soon and I fear I will sink into a depression if I see low prices for the mares I had marked, lol
"People come and go but horses leave hoofprints on your heart"

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:52 pm

Mood Swings wrote:All I can say is that I am sooooo glad that I didn't go. The temptation would have too great to purchase a mare or two.... I haven't even looked at results yet as it is too soon and I fear I will sink into a depression if I see low prices for the mares I had marked, lol

Just tell yourself--in the case of those whose prices looked low--if the page looked promising then the physical was probably lacking. As others have said above, many of the physicals were really bad.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:38 am

Well then it was a good week to be in San Diego.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....