FT TX mixed sale

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

toadie
Allowance Winner

FT TX mixed sale

Postby toadie » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:47 pm

I know no one's buying broodmares, but just in case there's a Ferdinand daughter in the TX sale that is very good looking. Her name is Fancy Forbes. She has a spotty produce record, but who knows if it's all her, or possibly some "mis-managing". I tried to buy her when she was in foal with Ferdinand's Flyer, but she went for 9500 (about 3x what I had to spend :cry: ) With her produce rcd., and age, she should go pretty cheap this time around. I'm not breeding anymore or I'd try to get her again.
"Most people hate the taste of beer to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome."-Winston Churchill

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:51 pm

nice mare hope for her...
The sport and industry survive not only because of the champions that are remembered forever but also because of the losers that are so easy to forget...

toadie
Allowance Winner

Postby toadie » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:11 pm

Wow, she was RNA @ 12k. Guess they still think highly of her, which is good!

Perfect Lou, who I've been following since he was 2, went for 5,800. I would guess that to mean he's going back to the track, as opposed to selling as a riding horse.

Just glancing through the results to find these 2, it appeared to be a miserable sale.
"Most people hate the taste of beer to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome."-Winston Churchill

Roger
Grade I Winner

Postby Roger » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:54 pm

It looked like the babies sold alright and some of the racing age horses did ok. I had thought about trying to steal one or two racing age horses, but they were no steal.

One of the biggest problems we have in our sales is the min. bid. Its hard to sell a $1000 mare and pay what they charge to sell them.
Loving God, Loving People and Serving = Peace and Happiness
Try it you will like it.

Bedouwia
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Bedouwia » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:33 pm

This December sale is often a real opportunity. I have bought there in the past. This year, it seems like there was some demand, but no depth in the market. The average was up, but the number unsold was also higher. Sad, if you go to the trouble and expense, and cannot sell. Just my opinion.

Bedouwia