Keeneland November Sale

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

CherryDavis
2yo Maiden

Postby CherryDavis » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:59 am

I can assure you there were no weanlings falling through the cracks. If the horse sold poorly it likely had a poor vet report because if your report was clean your numbers were flying. Sitting in the bar the overwhelming statement was "I keep getting shut out" and "I still need 4 more". I think the thing that surprised me the most was the number of people that were there buying to race, not pinhook. I think quite a few owners that would normally buy yearlings looked at the crop shortages and decided to get their horses now. I talked to several agents that said their horses were going to be held to race. As a seller, I'm happy to say I was selling what everyone was buying :D

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:48 am

CherryDavis wrote:I can assure you there were no weanlings falling through the cracks. If the horse sold poorly it likely had a poor vet report because if your report was clean your numbers were flying. Sitting in the bar the overwhelming statement was "I keep getting shut out" and "I still need 4 more". I think the thing that surprised me the most was the number of people that were there buying to race, not pinhook. I think quite a few owners that would normally buy yearlings looked at the crop shortages and decided to get their horses now. I talked to several agents that said their horses were going to be held to race. As a seller, I'm happy to say I was selling what everyone was buying :D

CherryDavis, you were in a great spot to be selling at this sale. Which ones were yours?

Mood Swings
Grade II Winner

Postby Mood Swings » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:44 am

Definitely a very strong sale. I was surprised to see the prices several of the weanlings were fetching even with vet issues... stifle OCD's, sesamoiditis, etc some of these issues an be corrected surgically while others folks will have to do some praying and finger crossing! Certainly a lot planning to race, a very encouraging trend.
"People come and go but horses leave hoofprints on your heart"