no love for Oxbow at the Jan sale

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

madelyn

Re: no love for Oxbow at the Jan sale

Postby madelyn » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:19 am

Thanks, kimberly. I had not looked that deep. For the "name" aficionados, here is what I found. The sire, Paynter, might have been named for Eddie Paynter, the most legendary player in the history of cricket. His batting average is still unequalled. I went with "Eddie At Bat" for my son of Paynter. I figure if the reference is too obscure for most punters, at least the name is cute enough to stand on its own.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:46 am

madelyn wrote:Thanks, kimberly. I had not looked that deep. For the "name" aficionados, here is what I found. The sire, Paynter, might have been named for Eddie Paynter, the most legendary player in the history of cricket. His batting average is still unequalled. I went with "Eddie At Bat" for my son of Paynter. I figure if the reference is too obscure for most punters, at least the name is cute enough to stand on its own.

Hi Madelyn,
Paynter was actually named by Bob Baffert for the man who built his home in La Cañada Flintridge, California. Here's the story. TJ
http://www.latimes.com/tn-vsl-0607-loca ... story.html

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:47 pm

Thanks. I like my idea better :D Matters not. I have a really nice colt. I like the name I picked.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:29 pm

madelyn wrote:Thanks. I like my idea better :D Matters not. I have a really nice colt. I like the name I picked.

Hi Madelyn,
I think you do too:>) Looking forward to seeing him run. TJ