Keeneland November

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

madelyn

Keeneland November

Postby madelyn » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:55 am

Wow what a lot of 2 year olds and racing prospects! I don't think I have EVER seen that many. It's been kind of a purge year for a lot of folks, though, I think. With the broken up racing year at so many tracks, track closures, etc., owners have probably taken it on the chin quite a bit. And the cancellations of some of the 2 year old sales have probably caused a backlog. I know it's been very tough around here, with a lot of horses dropping in class for absolutely no reason other than nowhere else to run.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Re: Keeneland November

Postby Joltman » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:38 pm

Fascinating. I'll have to take a look at some of the younger ones. There was a yearling in Bk 3 at KeeSep that RNA'd at $6500 that I liked a lot. Might have picked her up if I had been there.

I've only been looking at broodmares in the later books. Seem to be a lot that certainly fit my criteria - but we'll see about the budget. But I've been wondering who's going to want to breed into such a market? A true buyers market maybe, especially if the shutdowns continue. It will interesting watch stud fees.

Looking to pick anything up Madelyn?

jm
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:08 am

Not sure. I'll see what stalls I have available at the training barn, maybe move my coming 2 year old fillies, and maybe see what is up and what real bargains there are.

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:02 am

I'll probably be kicking around later in the sale, looking at broodmares/prospects.

Anybody else shopping?

jm
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:15 am

Did you see that Flawless has been supplemented to the F-T select sale ronight? In foal for a full sibling to Authentic. Wonder what she will bring?