OBS June Sale-Horses by young hot stallions

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Keith
Grade III Winner

OBS June Sale-Horses by young hot stallions

Postby Keith » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:38 pm

Some interesting 2 year olds in this sale
Hip #2 Dark Bay or Brown Filly by El Corredor-Silver Trainer by Silver Hawk
Hip#6 Bay Filly by Anees-Liteup My Life by Green Dancer
Hip #56 Bay Colt by Broken Vow-Shannon River by Let's Go Blue
Hip #472 Starforaday by Five Star Day-Known Feminest by Known Fact
Hip #615 El G. West Destiny by EL Corredor-Pretty Tricky by Clever Trick

Keith

serenarider
Allowance Winner

Postby serenarider » Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:36 pm

Holy cow they have some fast times this year :shock: I have a 2 year old that i bought as a yearling that is in the sale. He had a time of 10.2 and is sound as can bee 8) Very happy with him. Hes a great boy;)

hurleynyc
Maiden Special Weight

Postby hurleynyc » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:25 pm

Admire all those - and also two that my partners and I bred are in the sale. One is a Good and Tough who is a big guy and has been admirably and patiently brought along by Robert and Saronda Smith, and another a colt by David who was conditioned by Jimmy Randolph - David was a sire who overachieved on the track and at stud in his small crops (8 runners, 7 winners in this year, his 2nd crop) in New York - but passed far too soon. Hope they do well at the sales, and wish them racing luck. There were fast times at the under tack shows.

serenarider
Allowance Winner

Postby serenarider » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:15 am

hurleynyc
Your Good and Tuff colt was a nice looking colt. Should of went for way more then hit the gavel. The prices are all over the place. Looks like a buyers sale forsure this time.

hurleynyc
Maiden Special Weight

Postby hurleynyc » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:59 pm

Serena,

Thanks for the info - I had not seen the G&T since he was a weanling, but he was a nice looking weanling. He sold for 16K as a yearling. The page was not solid black type, but he should have brought more. However, he was a big guy, and I know that Wesfield had to back off on him early on this year, because he went through a big growth spurt. But I don't know that there were any issues - who knows. I hope they race him and make a ton. The David colt wasn't bid as well as I thought he might have been, either. The prices at the sale did seem to be all over the place. I have a lot of sympathy and respect for the pinhookers, because their investment is so substantial and so mch at risk. How did your guy do?

serenarider
Allowance Winner

Postby serenarider » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:55 am

Ohh that sale was the worst that I have ever been too. Really there was NO ONE there :roll: The colt that i had as a weanling and sold off the farm they bought back yesterday. But then again so did everyone alse it seems :wink: The withdrawls were crazzy I think every 4 horses were out. The vans were there just taking everyone home. Witch i do not blame anyone for pulling there horse out of that sale. I would of pulled too after seeing no one there and prices all over the place. I think that obs better do something about this sale of there going to be in trouble next year. 1600 was in the april sale way to meny and then have this sale where no one showed up. There was some nice horses there. Some that you could of not paid me to take home but thats all sales.;) looking forward to see the Aug sale with the yearlings. If that one is bad were all in trouble...