Why some don't sell?

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Postby henthorn » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:58 pm

To Heidilady:
I steer clear of the dull or crazy horses. I like a horse somewhat friendly or aloof, but curious. I'd rather have a manageable animal with some sense.

To Diomed:
My best horses so far at auction were the mid-size or smaller horses and the agile slender ones, and not necessarily early year foals. The big youngsters were the latest to mature and/or had soundness problems, and the silly or mean ones didn't grow out of it over time. They just developed new obnoxious problems, like gate antics or biting. It's so hard to get to the races without shin problems or other unsoundness, that it's nice to avoid the overweight issues.
Rocking H

FOS
Freshman Sire

Postby FOS » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:41 pm

hello Heidilady

Be assured there are many important points that were touched upon.

But be assured also...there ARE NOT enough buyers for the horses being offered...even when they are beautifully prepped...and vet...scope...look the part...etc etc etc and are offered at very reasonable (possibly breakeven or less) numbers.

Unfortunately for many sellers, that's the way it is. If sales Plan A fails...

...then it's time for plan B. If plan B fails it's time for plan C...meaning, let's go to the races.

This is a very difficult game to play (and succeed at)...and I expect that many (if not most) that have been involved for years will tell you that's it's never been tougher than it is now.

Respectfully