Baden-Baden Yearlings Sale

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Bettina
Allowance Winner

Baden-Baden Yearlings Sale

Postby Bettina » Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:45 am

Hallo,
I know lots of the contributors of this forum are from America.

Perhaps some of them are interested to read about the abovementioned Yearlings Auction. It offers the "cream of the crop" of Germanbred Yearlings every early autumn. The sale is scheduled from 2/9/05 Friday, 6.30 p.m (after the races) and 3/9/05 Saturday, 10:30 a.m. There are 286 Yearlings listed for the sale, of course their will be some withdrawels.
The prices are still very reliable and the Minimum bit is 3.000 Euros.
You can download their catalogue from their website: www. bbag-sales.de as pdf data file, a "printed Sales catalogue" is still available. Sales conditions are listed at their website, too.

During the last 20 years 10 German Derbywinners (Dai Jin, Next Desert, Nicaron etc.) and 11 Group I winner (Salve Regina, Tigerr Hill, Monsun etc.) went through the sales ring. A pretty remarkable result.

Regards from a rainy Germany, Bettina

regards, Bettina

Mike
Allowance Winner

Postby Mike » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:16 pm

How did the sales go Bettina? What was the top price? How did the Tiger Hill's sell?

Bettina
Allowance Winner

Postby Bettina » Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:07 am

Hallo, Mike,
the sales went extremly well. It ended with a new record total aggregate of 7.229.500 Euros.

Of the listed 286 yearlings in their catalogue, 252 went through the ring, 217 were sold, a sales percentage of 86,11. The Median price was
32.214 Euros and the average 33.315 Euros.

The only drop of bitterness, about 50% were sold abroad to France, Italy, Ireland, Denmark etc. and even 2 were purchased for Australian interests. At least several new faces had been seen in the crowd of German buyers.

In high demand were the yearlings of Monsun (11 offered, 8 sold)
Tiger Hill (14 offered, 9 sold)
Acatenango (11 offered, 7 sold) sadly his last crop
Samum (18 offered, 13 sold) his first one
Big Shuffle (17 offered, 12 sold)
Dashing Blade (23 offered, 16 sold)

The top lot 108 was Persian Storm (Monsun - Private Life by Bering) from the family of Pawneese, Peintre Celebre. He was purchased by the IVA Allen, a German Bloodstock Agent for Baron Georg v. Ullmann (Gestut Schlederhan. Even the Darley Stzd purchased 2 yearlings
Lot 30 Silver Goal (Tiger Hill - Salka by Doyoun) 120.000 Euros from Schwarzgold Family and Lot 32 N. N. (Acatenango - Scota by Marju) 64.000 Euros from same family as Lot 30.

After many years I have been at the auction personally. Of course a lot of very wellknown owners, breeders and trainers have been present at the sales.

The full result of the sales can be read at the website I mentioned in my first post. They have an English version available.

Best regards from Germany, Bettina