Keeneland Renovation

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

petersd
Maiden Special Weight

Keeneland Renovation

Postby petersd » Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:12 am

Swung by the sales pavillion yesterday to pick up catalogs and see the changes they are made. At first glance, I was extremely impressed. They've completely gutted and rebuily the food/bar area on the right side, enclosing all the former open-air patios. They even turned the little hot dog place into the "Northern Dancer Pub." Brand new paint and tile throughout, and new seats in the ring.
Glad to see it done, as it used to look dumpy in a sort of 60's retro way.
See everybody there.

LSB
Grade II Winner

Postby LSB » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:36 am

We were there about 3 weeks ago and there was still much to be done at the time. They were scrambling pretty hard to get it finished. :)

We'll be going over tonight for the CBA meeting, so this will be my first chance to see the results.

roving boy
Allowance Winner

Postby roving boy » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:49 am

Toured the sales pavilion yesterday, they have done a fantastic job! The repository is well-designed with no shortage of illuminating screens for radiographs. The coffee bar, food pavilion and bars are very nice and well decorated with photos of famous horses and the like.

Really first class!
Roving Boy

LSB
Grade II Winner

Postby LSB » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:14 pm

I agree about the first class part, but I still wish there was more seating. The tables in what used to be the round bar/patio/stone bar are now nicely spaced rather than jammed together, but it doesn't look to me like there's that much additional seating. And while the Northern Dancer bar looks great, it's tiny. I've been told the Irish plan to set up shop there for the duration. :)

We looked at about 25 fillies today and did not find things as crowded as we expected. On the other hand, Book One has been showing since Thursday so maybe we were the last to come through.