British Columbia sale

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Jean
Allowance Winner

British Columbia sale

Postby Jean » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:35 pm

How did it go Really!!! Were the consignors happy?

Ryeno
Allowance Winner

Postby Ryeno » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:57 pm

Hi Jean,

I didnt go to the sale ( I chained myself to my house so i wouldnt buy one lol) but after reviewing the results their was some great prices on a few, some OK prices and some that didnt draw near what i figuered.Lots of RNA and not solds and that aint a good thing.Anyone interested can go to http://www.cthsbc.org and check the results.

Ryeno
"The easiest way to end up with a million dollars in the horseracing business is to start with 3 million!"

suzyd
2yo Maiden

Postby suzyd » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:20 pm

Excellent quality individuals got their price ! The lesser offerings did not even get a starting bid much of the time. Very informed and careful buyers. It's all about quality these days.

StealingKat
Allowance Winner

Postby StealingKat » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:19 pm

I think that people got what the horses were worth at this sale. The broodmares went cheap, I would have been upset if I had entered one ... The top broodmare went for just over 6,000 Can. Some of the yearlings had really high reserves for the stallions that they were sired by so they did not sell. The RNA figure is higher than it should be. Some really exceptional yearling this year though. I was pretty happy with the sale :)
Always bet on the grey!!