Keenland November

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

austique
Grade I Winner

Keenland November

Postby austique » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:23 pm

Catalog is up on the website. :D
I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else. ~ Daria

adrienne
Allowance Winner

Postby adrienne » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:56 pm

Well, now I'm not going to get any sleep tonight!

::shakes fist at austique::

~Adrienne

austique
Grade I Winner

Postby austique » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:24 pm

There was at least one Sabona mare too :P

adrienne
Allowance Winner

Postby adrienne » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:59 am

So here I am, sitting here all groggy because I was up late looking at the catalog. I'm browsing the message board while I organize in my head what I want to get done today. THEN austique sends me BACK to the Keenland page. ::sigh:: I'm not going to get anything done...

Anywho <g>

The Sabona mare 95 looks nice on paper. The other one, 3833, is kinda junky. I wonder who would spend $60,000 on a stud fee for a mare who hasn't produced anything of note in 5 foals of racing age (only one winner!). Given, she was a good racehorse herself... but honestly. Her second dam's one listed offspring is pretty interesting though. "30 wins, 3-13" You don't see that very often!!!

~Adrienne

kimberley mine
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby kimberley mine » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:38 am

My "tickled my fancy" list, based solely on the pages.

#324 Gr-1 winner Lazy Slusan--unusual strain of Seattle Slew, tons of stamina from sire's side.

#713 Gr-1 winning filly from Argentina, tail-female to Lalun. Her sire is a champion out of a family dripping with stakes winners. May be a sleeper, given that this branch of her family went mostly to New Zealand and South America.

#1657 Unraced filly from a deep Canadian family, only foal of racing age is a 2yo of 2005. Could be another sleeper.

#2471 Half to Seattle Slew. No joke.

#2485 By Cozzene out of a full to Ameri Valay--Maryland breeding program, anybody?

#4063 Dream mare for the working-class horse breeder: 10 foals of racing age, nine to race (the 2yo is unraced), all have at least $25,000 in earnings and six have over $100,000. She is older, but has gotten in foal every year (and the foal has survived every year). Outcross to just about everybody. If I had the cash, I'd buy this one.

#4226 Unraced, well-bred young mare. 3rd dam is South Ocean. Black type all over the place.

CS
Maiden Special Weight

Postby CS » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:07 am

Adrainne & Austique - I'm curious to your intetest in Sabona mares, I have a lovely one myself. From the pictures I saw of him a few years ago mine is almost a spitting image of her sire.

austique
Grade I Winner

Postby austique » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:43 am

CS,

Adrienne is currently taking care of Sabona and I fell in love with him when he was running as he looked like my brother's hunter. Adrienne posted some lovely photos of the old guy in the General Discussion thread. :D

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:14 pm

Oh gosh, more opportunity to get hollered at for spending WAY too much time at the computer... but there is a Roy mare that would be a DREAM date for Rocking Trick, #4193 Missy Krissy. Besides being by Roy (see RT's half sister Randy Cat), she is out of the female family of Battle Creek Girl who produced Tricky Creek....wonder how much it would take?
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....