Fasig Tipton Going On Now

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

madelyn

Fasig Tipton Going On Now

Postby madelyn » Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:43 pm

the Mid-Atlantic sale. Those prices seem awfully low for the quality of the mares. Are they typical of that sale or are they just representative of the somewhat abysmal results so far this year?

Is anyone from the board there? There is a mare I am interested in but as always I didn't set up in advance to be able to bid on her from home...
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Taino
Yearling

Postby Taino » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:34 pm

I usually go to all of the mixed sales at Timonium, but I'm watching it online today. The prices are usually low, but this year may be an all-time low, unfortunately.

LSB
Grade II Winner

Postby LSB » Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:28 pm

Scanning through the results, it looks as though there are as many buy-backs as sales.

Gerry
Grade II Winner

Postby Gerry » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:14 pm

Madelyn....I just got back and ended up with 1 mare that I really didnt need but now am in love with! and almost had 2 others that I was opening bid on and talked myself out of. :roll: then I had to drive back to NY last night to get the horse trailer. The December sale always seems to have mares selling lower than the February sale and there were some nice deals to be had. The median and no sales were worse than last year which I thought was bad. Wish I had known you were "looking" I always go to the Maryland sales so the next one..let me know!

Gerry

LSB
Grade II Winner

Postby LSB » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:40 am

Gerry, congratulations on your purchase! Which mare did you buy?

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:52 am

Congrats! I wasn't "interested" until I saw the dirt cheap prices and as always, by then it is too late.. ditto if you are interested in stuff in Jan. here. I will pm you my cell phone number for future reference, and home phone, etc.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Gerry
Grade II Winner

Postby Gerry » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:03 am

Madelyn..greatly appreciate it. Truly not looking for another horse but hey when the right one comes along at a low bid, you have to jump on it.

The horse we bought didnt meet my "criteria" at all. I was looking for an old mare, either stakes winner or stakes producer, preferably both, infoal on a late cover date....what we bought is a young mare, infoal for a march baby. But being in NY we had to get her.

She is Pat C by Personal Flag out of a 1/2 sister to Say Florida Sandy, which makes her a 3/4 sister to "Sandy". Infoal to Desert Warrior who has some interesting breeding himself....going off memory here but I *think* his dam is a sister to the dam of Storm Cat. Also nice to be able to see 2 of his foals at the sale and they were nice...1 brought 10K and the other was RNA at 4K and she was adorable. Pat C is a nice big mare and I am already asking Mom "must we sell her?" so if noone jumps on her quick she is a keeper :D

And yes she is already for sale, just in case someone wants her on the buying/selling forum :roll: