keeneland jan

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

ZiaLand
Breeder's Cup Contender

#1409 out (Stallion prospect)

Postby ZiaLand » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:19 am

I researched this young stallion prospect with great interest, only to find out that he's now out of the sale. Any speculation on what you think he might have sold for?

MR. NANCHO(ARG) foaled 11/10/2000
CHAMPION MILER in Argentina and G1, G2 winner and G1 placed

From the database:
Won Gran Premio Palermo (Arg-G1) 1600m dirt (by 16 lengths)
Clasico Buenos Aires (Arg-G3) 1600m dirt (by 7 lengths)
2nd Gran Premio Polla de Potrillos (Arg-G1) 1600m dirt
Race Record: 6-3-2-0

Sired by Southern Halo out of Miss Peggy, the 2000 Broodmare of the Year in Argentina, G3 winner and multiple SP

Full brother to Champion 3YO Filly (Miss Linda), multiple G1 winner in Argentina and the U.S. including the Overbrook Spinster(G1), as well as G2 wins and places. (Was purchased as a broodmare prospect by Taylor Made and will be bred to Unbridled's Song.)

Full brother to another G3 winning, G2 placed filly (Miss Mary)

2nd Dam is a G2 and G3 winner, and a G1 producer and half-sister to G1 winner Mister Marco(sire), and two other stakes winners whose complete race records are unknown.

There's been speculation he wouldn't go for much because many of the ancestors on the dam's side of his pedigree are unknowns (in the US). Personally, I think the success of his immediate female family would overcome most doubts, but his lack of starts is what raised a red flag with me.

Any comments?

Thanks,
Laurie
So many pedigrees...so little time. (C)

sunday_silence
Allowance Winner

Postby sunday_silence » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:39 pm

Do you 'spose Dromoland bought Chosen Lady to breed to Eurosilver? I guess breeding a quality, proven mare to a new stallion is a sensible thing to do. But, I feel like this mare, with a very limited number of foaling years left deserves to go to an upper tier stallion.