Island Fashion...

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

sunday_silence
Allowance Winner

Island Fashion...

Postby sunday_silence » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:27 pm

...is listed as OUT. I hate that. She was the one horse I was most interested in seeing...and seeing how much she brought.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:41 am

I have never seen the kind of numbers at the January sale that would justify entering a mare like Island Fashion. It is more likely that by putting her in the catalog, one of two things happened. The seller was informed that her value would not be attained, or she was sold privately for what the seller intended to get all along. She might have been sold yesterday.

The Maktoums are not likely to be a presence at this sale. Without them to bid on the top horses, I think a lot of the prices will be deflated.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

sunday_silence
Allowance Winner

Postby sunday_silence » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:40 pm

Pope McLean was quoted as saying that the owners plan to race her a few more times, breed her and run her through the November sale. Why they keep changing their minds about selling her, I do not know. But, she undoubtedly would've been the sale topper. Somebody would've paid big bucks for her. Even though the Maktoums were not present, if they were interested, they still could've bid on her over the phone or sent an agent. Coolmore people were around, too.