THIS STUFF REALLY WORKS- Platinum Performance

Veterinary, horse care, and training issues.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, madelyn

TBLADY
Starters Handicap

THIS STUFF REALLY WORKS- Platinum Performance

Postby TBLADY » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:10 am

PLATINUM PERFORMANCE! I simply can not say enough about these products, their customer service and support! (Now isnt that odd in the horse business?) Below is a TRUE story about a colt I got back in Jan 06 and his long road to recovery. If you could see the before and after pics of this guy would just flip! Now please understand I am a State Board Certified Vet Tech with a degree an Injury rehab....Platinum makes me look like a GENIUS!

I stumble across all kinds of horses...since my business is centered on the Thoroughbred world I see all kinds of ODD THINGS to say the least. Bad shelly hooves, poor hair coats, stressed immune systems, body and muscle soreness, joint calcifications, poor or limited flex quality, lack of complete range of motion, lack of proper digestive absorption response, below standard body weight and my favorite...stress/pain induced vices!
In my years working with this breed I have come to deal with each horse as an individual. Trying to target their needs, I find myself buying a supplement for this and another for that...next thing you know my feed room looks like the lab of a mad scientist! Most of the horses I work with are off the track and experience many if not all of the issues I listed above, so you can imagine the boxes, containers and buckets of stuff I USED to have for each of them. NOT ANYMORE!!!!!
I acquired a colt out of NY whose owner was at a loss as to what was wrong with him and a greater loss as to what to do next. This colt had a rough and poorly managed first 6-8 months. While his owner was shelling out money for day rates this colt was suffering in the hands of not so caring people. Of course much to the owners chagrin. Upon weaning the colt was to be moved to a new farm where it was then learned his health was in major jeopardy. He was not at all well and had sever diarrhea and was not in good body quality. After 3 months of care under the watchful eye of their veterinarian, some improvement was seen but nothing consistent. This youngster was a picky eater, was developing digestive issues, had stool with the consistency of black water. His development was now at great risk. His stool did improve (though still very loose) with a few of the standard treatments only to see no improvements in any other area. This is about the time I learned of this colts ordeal. His owner was at his wits end, the farm was doing all it could and their vet was also searching for clues. In January I become the owner of this little skinny, sticky rumped colt with the killer pedigree!
From the beginning of January 2006 with the guidance of our veterinarian, Sue Wilcox D. V. M. we set out to conquer what seemed an almost impossible task...save this colts life! When I say save his life, I mean it! Dr. Wilcox of course jumped right in with a battery of test...some of which we had already run to be sure nothing was communicable to other horses prior to his move from NY to Ohio. Test after test after test...we were still left scratching our heads. Then Dr. Wilcox finds a protozoa called, Coccidia. This is not something commonly found in horses. Cattle, YES. White Tail Deer, YES. Other wildlife...of course. BUT IN HORSES? Not only were we now dealing with Coccidia but two different strains. Through the next few months he would be properly treated with several anti-protozoa agents. Through this time frame all is being done to salvage whats left of his gut function. For the longest time this little guy would spend HOURS on his stall floor. Either due to digestive pain or lack of strength. You name it ...we tryed it! We have gone as far as to have meds compounded special to his case. Nothing was working...except our check book!
Then like a gift from the EQUINE GODS...I remember the vet in NY saying this colt showed some improvement while on a product called BIO-SPONGE. However had mentioned the product was a bit pricey. So I searched for the product and what I stumbled across was a company with such a proactive insight to equine health matters that it was scary! After consulting with Dr. Wilcox and Allyson at Platinum Performance, it was decided to start high doses of Bio-Sponge as well as Platinum Performance EQUINE Wellness. Within as quick as 7 days I started to see a change. His rear end was very underdeveloped and at times his hocks would hit together, he also had showed signs of contracted tendons in the hind legs. Now I was seeing more solid movement in his walk and he wanted to trot more in his paddock. The weight...oh my, the weight this colt has gained is amazing! I see cuts in his muscle tissue. He has a BUTT!
The wonderful thing about all of the Platinum Performance products is that they was formulated to work together and enhance the properties of each other. So here I was for the past 3 1/2 months using products from many different manufactures to treat specific symptoms...and not all of these were made by the same company. (so did I know for sure that they were compatible? I didn't) As soon as I switched to ALL Platinum Performance products I could see a MAJOR improvement in this colt. I mean major!!

His stool is still loose but now looks more like chunky pudding as opposed cow plop and smells more like a horses stool and less like the gagging stench he started with. His coat glistens in the sunshine and he runs and bucks and plays the was a yearling Thoroughbred should. He has come a very long way in 6 months and has a long way yet to go. We are confident hes going to make it...hes too tough not to. At this time he is 2 inches taller then our other yearling filly who is 3 weeks older. (she still outweighs by a good bit!)
With such great results on the colt I decided to place my entire barn on Platinum Performance Equine. We have a 15 yr. old gelding pasture puff who's off the track, with 3 screws in one front ankle, a bowed tendon on the other front and he is a terrible stall walker. 3 broodmares (1 in NY with her new foal) and another yearling. Since starting them all on just the Platinum Performance Equine I have cut my feed bit by at least 1/3! My gelding has curbed much of his stall walking (now he only does it when the girls arent in the barn) my 2 at home broodmares since they are off the track had old injuries and showed signs of stiffness from time to time are now SHINNY and slick, sound and run in the pasture daily! Our gelding is also much more sound and comfortable...he gets his daily exercise running with the girls! The other yearling is just a glowing pillar of health. Shes big boned, correct, has tremendous muscle tone and could easily walk into a salering and command top dollar with just her looks. I have used many products over the years and can honestly say none of them impressed me like Platinum Performance has. My horses will never be without it!
Happy Trails,
Christine Sandor-Owner
Horsepower Company
www.horsepowercompany.com

PS-After reviewing my accounting, I have saved money with the Platinum products. I'm feeding less feed, buying fewer supplements, my horses all show the great benefits of the products in their overall appearance and attitudes ... and I come out money ahead at the end of the month. I wanted to mention...since using these products and seeing the results first hand Dr. Wilcox has become a Platinum Performance distributor and has her own horses on these products as well.

To add to this... a friend and fellow Thoroughbred breeder had a few of her mares with foals ship back home from Ky. One filly had terrible diarrhea. The owner had tried just about every product known to slow or curb diarrhea...including products given to her by her vet. She mentions the fillies condition to me one day on the phone. I suggest BIO-SPONGE. Within 3 days the filly was back to normal. No more loose stool, no more not eating, no more lazyness. Another one of my clients in Tx, a breeder/owner has an exceptional 2 yr old colt which is a home bred and by his stallion. Hes excited about this colt and expects great things from him. He asks about protecting this horse while asking so much of him at a young age. I suggest Platinum Performance Equine Wellness and another product from PP called OSTEON. Within 10 days I'm getting a call from TX...the owner is so impressed he orders more products to ship with the colt as he heads to the track and insists his trainer used them. Just yesterday the trainer calls for his weekly update on this youngest and is too so impressed he as requested more product. Another cleint of mine has a filly with a bad OCD...since being on Platinum Performance she is back at the track and in training...a few months ago she was too sore to be turned out! The trainer who now has my 2 yr old has her barn on Platinum Performance Equine Wellness and has also had to cut her horses grain intake. She also sees happier horses. She says they seem to bounce back faster and show less stress and fatigue after long hard works in the North Carolina heat!
The Proof is in the results....and positive results is all that I have seen from this stuff!

I'm not an employee of Platinum Performance, I'm not selling anything nor am I compensated for any reason. I'm just a hardworking horseperson who has seen for once in my life a line of products that really work. I wish I could ahve found this company when I was still training racehorses and3 day eventing...WOW , how this would have helped my horses! I just wanted to share my experience with these products. I would be happy to share before and after pics of my colt and you too can see for your self the results!

skeenan
Grade I Winner

Postby skeenan » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:05 am

I'm glad your poor little guy took a huge turn for the better! I appreciate you sharing your story and knowledge of the product... I make a mental note of things like this, as you never know when you might need it!

I'll definitely look them up and read about their products... thanks!

Would love to see before/after shots! :D

TBLADY
Starters Handicap

Postby TBLADY » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:28 pm

Skeenan shoot me an email so I have your address

[email protected]
Fins to the Left....

briarhalo
Allowance Winner

Postby briarhalo » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:17 am

I have a 3 yr old Colt that just won't stop growing and I am having issues with loose stifles. Wondering if this feed might help? He is almost 16.3 and doesn't look like he is going to stop his growth anytime soon. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.....

TBLADY
Starters Handicap

Postby TBLADY » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:53 am

You have mail!
Fins to the Left....