EPM- any thoughts??

Veterinary, horse care, and training issues.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, madelyn

doublete
Allowance Winner

Postby doublete » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:27 pm

Believe me I am my vet's best customer.
I'm back up in PA at school. I just leased an 8 stall barn in NJ but won't be moving there till OCt. For now I'm at the lower end of the old place. (old owners). So TC is with me and yup we're using LW.

I called Mid Atlantic today and got their opinion- they think I'm doing the right thing. We're going to treat for EPM and reevaluate in about 20 days.

And you haven't seen my various posts about Nero??? He ran 2nd and 3rd last two times out! He's being entered tomorrow for Monday, maybe we'll get lucky and not have to run against the top horses like we had been. When he got 2nd he was running against a real classy dude, and when he ran 3rd he shoudl have been 2nd, but the 1st horse dropped down from allowance and had all of us beat no questions asked.
Needless to say the big handsome dude is doing great! He's still in Boston :cry: and I miss him a lot, but I go home every weekend (ugh) just to see him.
Racing and retraining.

Marli
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Marli » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:02 am

Very good to hear he's in good hands (w/LW). Conferring w/Mid-Atlantic was a smart move just to reaffirm the diagnosis and I really do think TC will respond.

Wow - nice to hear Nero's doing well, he was a very sick fella last time I saw him. I know one thing, he is impressive. As for the barn rental, glad to hear it, when there's multiples it's a must have! :)

liberty
Maiden Special Weight

Postby liberty » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:20 am

I sm dorry to hear about the possibility of EPM. You have already received much info. Let me add that there is an EPM forum on Yahoo. You might find additional info there. At least there is a support group.