devastating the coronel band

Veterinary, horse care, and training issues.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, madelyn

LKR
Allowance Winner

Postby LKR » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:13 am

That's good to know. Thanks for the info.
Kathie King
Little King Ranch
Home Of Top Account
Basket Weave
And The Buzz Horses

BenB
Sophomore Sire

Postby BenB » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:27 am

He gained one win, and lost another on the green table, as we called it here.

Placed back from one to fourth.

Now he finally understands what racing is all about, and he is fast maturing at last.

kimberley mine
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby kimberley mine » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:06 am

BenB wrote:Last time out, he was rewarded with a lot of weight after his second win in a row.So he is now, growing and resting at the farm from his majority owner/breeder.

w ehave tried several types of boots, but he is trained at an sandtrack in the woods. Loosses his boots regular.

He visited an orthopedic blacksmith, and got his backfeet trimmed short on the inside, that helped him a lot.

Ben, you might see if Natural Balance shoes are available in your country. They do two things: allow the horse to speed breakover, and as the front of the shoe is set back from the hoof, if the horse hits himself, it is with hoof and not with steel.

When he is exercising, try Sports Medicine Combo Boots on his front legs.

http://profchoice.com/i-7325554-smb-combo-boots.html

They have heel and coronet protection but are less likely to be pulled off by the horse.

gufman4
Weanling

Postby gufman4 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:14 pm

You quoted that the fronts are trimmed to the max, what about the hinds?? That is what needs to be slowed down, either by the foots own growth or by setting the shoe forward a bit to lenghthen the vulcrum. SPEED THE FRONTS , SLOW THE HINDS. if the hinds are trimmed in the same manner as the front, the frontcant get out of the way of the hinds. Natural Balance shoes and Kerckheart speed toe will quicken the frots breakover and also limit stress on the front limb

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:00 am

Agree with Gufman4 I have used world racing plates too.HArd to work with but durables,very well made,I also have used the rear world racing places on front but with a hand made squared toe
The sport and industry survive not only because of the champions that are remembered forever but also because of the losers that are so easy to forget...

BenB
Sophomore Sire

Postby BenB » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:19 am

When he gets agitated by locked up in the traffic while racing he is hitting his coronel band, but when he is on the outside and relax he will not do it.

In exercise and fast works there are no problems left.

He is tricky when he is agitated.

Saturday he will start in an 6 furlong (1200m1) race, only a straight course so no bends, draw the outside from 13 starters, and if I used my feelings right he will run a hell of a race.

As he can not come in the traffic problems.

Hope that the travel and staying over for the night will do him no harm.

The trip by van is some 400 miles gooiing through the mid from germany.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:33 pm

BenB wrote:When he gets agitated by locked up in the traffic while racing he is hitting his coronel band, but when he is on the outside and relax he will not do it.

In exercise and fast works there are no problems left.

He is tricky when he is agitated.

Saturday he will start in an 6 furlong (1200m1) race, only a straight course so no bends, draw the outside from 13 starters, and if I used my feelings right he will run a hell of a race.

As he can not come in the traffic problems.

Hope that the travel and staying over for the night will do him no harm.

The trip by van is some 400 miles gooiing through the mid from germany.

Good Luck Ben!! TJ

BenB
Sophomore Sire

Postby BenB » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:06 am

He broke just plain badly and lost some five lenghts not able to get them back.

Very bad ridden.

Went diagonal in the pack so lost al together some 15 lenghts before the race really started.