What do you all think of this VERY innovative watering produ

Veterinary, horse care, and training issues.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, madelyn

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

What do you all think of this VERY innovative watering produ

Postby TrueColours » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:34 am

Came across this very neat new product:

http://www.gizoo.co.uk/Products/HomeGarden/Home/H2GOBag.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btkvxLAkpYQ&feature=player_embedded

And I am looking at getting the Canadian rights to it and could probably also ship orders to the States until if/when they get a distributor set up in that country as well

Retail price point would be in the $15.00 - $20.00 range - max.

Would you buy one for the farm and/or home?

I think its brilliant. I have 3 water troughs that are out of reach of the hose and 2 of those entail 8 buckets of water to fill them each (so either 8 trips with a single bucket or 4 trip with double buckets) and 1 entails 20 single trips or 10 double trips.

I know when we sunk the posts out front for our new sign, we did EXACTLY what that funny video showed - very carefully and gingerly took buckets of water out to mix the cement in and had most of it slosh out in the process before we got there ...

Would appreciate any and all comments - good, bad or otherwise!

Thanks so much ... :)
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds & Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion - CSHA and AQHA, APHA, ApHC listed

Tbird
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Tbird » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:51 am

It's interesting but can you imagine how heavy that wheelbarrow would be when filled with water?
I think I'd just get a longer hose.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:57 am

I was going to comment just about exactly the same thing!! :lol:

Down here in KY, folks with water delivery issues usually get a hard white plastic tank for the back of the pickup or the gator that they can fill, drive around and attach a hose at the bottom to fill troughs, etc. Personally I probably own at least a mile of hoses. When a hose springs a leak, you can cut it and splice it - what do you do when your plastic bladder thingie gets a leak?

I know just how unwieldy even my heavy duty wheelbarrow gets with just two or three bales of hay - I can't imagine doing that with water rolling back and forth. You would need a two wheel jobbie for that...
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:47 pm

If it sold for ~ $25 us it would be tempting for anyone who goes to shows. You fill it once, use it to fill your buckets vs dragging that one hose or dragging your buckets. The water in it stays clean.
I bought a similar item for diesel and spent $100, hard plastic with wheels, the trick is unloading the full tank from the back of the truck.
For ~$25 I think you'd find people would buy 1 just because it might meet their needs and then buy more later if it does.

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:49 pm

Exactly Diane. And the retail on it will be under $20.00 - in the $15.00 to $19.95 range ... so one of those things you really dont have to think too much about buying ... :)
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds & Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion - CSHA and AQHA, APHA, ApHC listed

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:59 am

Here is the start of the website I am building for this product:

http://www.angelfire.com/on3/truecoloursfarm/H2GO.html

If getting tax stuff done for the accountant doesnt get in the way, I should have the remainder done by this weekend and it should be up and running then ... :)
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:18 am

The website is up and running now at:

www.h2go-canada.com

And you can click on the PayPal button to place your order now

Order has been placed now, shipment will arrive beginning / mid May and the orders placed now will be filled first once the skids arrive

REALLY looking forward to its arrival :) !
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

xfactor fan
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby xfactor fan » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:50 am

At $20 or so US, this might be a great alternative to the water collection barrels that catch run off from roofs. The barrels in my area are pretty pricy.

Just another thought on marketing.