Graphic wound pictures and progression through each stage

Veterinary, horse care, and training issues.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, madelyn

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Graphic wound pictures and progression through each stage

Postby TrueColours » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:27 am

A friend of mine had her mare go through a fence while at a friends place

There are pictures on this thread of the original injury, as well as 3 days later and then at just over a week

http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com/horse-forums/yikes-graphic-pic-434344.html

She works in a vet clinic so has had fabulous input and advice from those vets, but the dedication and care she has shown this mare is truly amazing

Just when you think the wound you are staring at is horrible and will be impossible to heal up, take a look at what she is going through with this mare and most other wounds will pale in comparison ...

Continued jingles and well wishes for Sierra and her continued amazing recovery! :)
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds & Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion - CSHA and AQHA, APHA, ApHC listed

Mood Swings
Grade II Winner

Postby Mood Swings » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:07 am

Great pics Donna! It amazing how seemingly catastrophic wounds can heal so well. The medication your friends horse has been on along with the cost of the telfa pads is mucho expensive! It all adds up! Obviously it's worth it in the end to have a live and sound mare :) Great job to your friend!

Years ago we had a broodmare attempt to go through a fence (likely fireworks had spooked her), she didn't aim for the best spot and instead hit the top of a post. She split her chest wide open and there was a severed vein and tendon hanging from the mess - imagine a bigger version of your friends mares leg :o It was a shocking sight to say the least.
"People come and go but horses leave hoofprints on your heart"

sstacy19
Allowance Winner

Postby sstacy19 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:51 pm

wow Donna! That is an amazing pictoral timeline. Bless that poor girl's heart for what she has had to endure to heal her leg. I have to say they definately need to get equaide and use it, if they aren't already.. it is INCREDIBLE, if you look through my mobile uploads of my horse's puncture into his hock, (facebook)you will see the major improvement from using the equaide.
"The blood runs hot in the Thoroughbred and the courage runs deep.
In the best of them, pride is limitless. This is their heritage and
they carry it like a banner. What they have, they use."

---C. W. Anderson