Track vet bills ?

Veterinary, horse care, and training issues.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, madelyn

Diane

Track vet bills ?

Postby Diane » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:00 pm

For those who've had horses in training at the track. Does your trainer's vet itemize his bill that he sends to you or do you just get a balance due for treatment rendered on each date? Thanks

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:13 pm

We get everything itemized. And our trainer sees the bill first and he initials each separate med and/or treatment.

I wouldn't want to pay a bill that just had a balance on it. Nefarious thoughts aside, mistakes happen. We've been billed for treatments done for horses we don't own, and in one case, for a foal that hadn't been born yet (on the farm obviously). So we always check our vet bills very carefully.

Crystal
Freshman Sire

Postby Crystal » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:17 pm

I would question my choice in trainers if he/she/they were not able to produce an itemized statement. A trainer should account for everything going into a TB at all points in training while in there care. Anything less than that could be considered a liability for the owner.

Des
Allowance Winner

Postby Des » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:27 am

I request a call from the trainer before any vet application, that way I can expect the vet bills that I receive. I do not wish for any surprise...ZERO