Zimectrin Gold Causing Reactions

Veterinary, horse care, and training issues.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, madelyn

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sat May 12, 2012 5:09 am

No idea - it was just completely unavailable for over a year. I spoke to a vet and he told me they had suspended it (Quest Plus) and essentially withdrawn it from the market. Subsequently I noticed it come back available. Perhaps they were doing more testing.

Quest has been implicated in some deaths. Perhaps Quest Plus had a similar issue. I do know that they have increased the "warnings and risks" verbage in the packaging, and since both contain moxidectin, they should never be used on a horse who is thin.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

griff
Leading Sire

Postby griff » Sat May 12, 2012 8:34 am

did some research and the "not in stock" problem with Quest Plus seems to have been caused when Pfizer bought Ft Worth and Wyeth and had a problem getting a new supplier of Prazguantel qualified.

Need to emphasis the word "NEW" supplier as there does not appear to have been any problem with the Parzguantel already in the wormers that use Parzguantlel

all the Quest Plus you desire is now available.

griff
"We has met the enemy and he is us" [Pogo]

LKR
Allowance Winner

Postby LKR » Wed May 16, 2012 8:01 am

The horse I posted about just won two rounds last weekend, running the fastest times of the weekend, there were 80 horses competing. He is bouncing all over the place. Puts a new light on the "kill 'em or cure 'em"
philosophy. Whatever he "passed" must have been a doozy. She certainly didn't intend to "kill him" with a wormer. He didn't have mout sores or drooling or anything like that. He looks better now, than he ever has.
Kathie King
Little King Ranch
Home Of Top Account
Basket Weave
And The Buzz Horses