question about newly foaled mare

Veterinary, horse care, and training issues.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, madelyn

ageecee
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ageecee » Wed May 18, 2005 8:12 pm

Tuff Twist was a nice runner is his prime

sulphurfire
Allowance Winner

Postby sulphurfire » Fri May 20, 2005 1:25 pm

Yeah I haven't talked to his last owner yet, the phone was disconnected. Now I need to drive out there. He's an older gentleman, and we haven't talked in a few months. But last I heard he had sent Tuff to Earl O'Quainn, to try to run him in some Quarter horse distances. Funny thing is is that he(the owner) had claimed him off of Earl a little over a year prior. And couldn't run Tuff because of that new thing regarding horses that didn't place 1,2,3 in their last out the prior year if run for under a certain claiming amount.

Do you anything about whats going on with the new track for Louisiana Downs.I heard that they were having trouble with the new surface and breakdowns. I was told 4 or 5 in one race had to be put down. Do you know if thats true?
"The rewards, whether for winning or for losing, offer almost irresistible temptations to race a two-year-old more times than are good for them." John Hay Whitney at the annual testimonial dinner in October 1963 for the Thoroughbred Club of America

sulphurfire
Allowance Winner

Postby sulphurfire » Fri May 20, 2005 1:26 pm

S*&^ sorry I meant Evangeline Downs. Too much on my mind lately.
"The rewards, whether for winning or for losing, offer almost irresistible temptations to race a two-year-old more times than are good for them." John Hay Whitney at the annual testimonial dinner in October 1963 for the Thoroughbred Club of America

ageecee
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ageecee » Fri May 20, 2005 5:36 pm

EVD is closed till June 30th or maybe earlier than that-they are tearing up the track and fixing it. Too many breakdowns and too many jocks complaining that the track is too hard.