Great Clinic in Lexington!

Veterinary, horse care, and training issues.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, madelyn

madelyn

Great Clinic in Lexington!

Postby madelyn » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:25 am

Just want to give a heartfelt thanks to Park Equine Hospital (the Paris clinic) and Dr. Park for taking GREAT care of Eddie At Bat who went there last Thursday for rig surgery. This is the colt I paid $1K for last January who had No Balls Down (it looked like a vortex back there with no bag even for them to come into). At the end of April, one testicle descended so at least he was trying. I prefer to geld in the fall of the two year old year for myriad reasons so had put up with his squealy nippy ways for 10 months. Anyhow the other testicle was actually in the canal near the ring so the surgery was a whole lot easier and less risky than it would have been last winter.

I had called several clinics to price it because it is a sort of routine thing and Park was the Best Price at $500 out the door meds and overnight stay included.

Eddie is in good shape with only minor fluid accumulation at the head of the sheath. The incision is pretty long though and the cold hosing 2x a day is mandatory.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....