Louis's Blog on Inbreeding

Understanding pedigrees, inbreeding, dosage, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, Lucy

ElPrado
Grade II Winner

Postby ElPrado » Thu May 03, 2012 11:33 am

I gave him enough to check to keep him busy till the year 2023, but he won't do it. He wants everyone else to do the work for him. He wants to go do the same old vague FB routine that only he understands... because he's the one that made up the term out of the whole cloth. If anyone could understand it he'd quit using it. This way he gets to pass himself off as an expert in something he has no clue about.

louis finochio
Darley line

Postby louis finochio » Thu May 03, 2012 5:29 pm

Cityscape NFB---Monterosso NFB---Kyrpton Factor Type 2 FB---Daddy Long Legs FB. Be well my love.

El Prado: I will comment on your post of Euro tb, have some patience.
Those without sin cast the first stone.
Louis Finochio

ElPrado
Grade II Winner

Postby ElPrado » Thu May 03, 2012 9:10 pm

That's just the milers. Wait till we get the 12 furlong runners in the mix.

Diane

Warning

Postby Diane » Thu May 03, 2012 11:24 pm

This bullying has got to stop, plain and simple. You want the thread locked? Keep going and you'll see this thread edited from stem to stern with every taunt removed. Your comments will be left to stand as broken sentences. You will appear as a gang of illiterates who do not know how to frame a sentence. Do I make myself clear?

diomed
Grade III Winner

Re: Warning

Postby diomed » Fri May 04, 2012 5:24 am

Diane wrote:This bullying has got to stop, plain and simple. You want the thread locked? Keep going and you'll see this thread edited from stem to stern with every taunt removed. Your comments will be left to stand as broken sentences. You will appear as a gang of illiterates who do not know how to frame a sentence. Do I make myself clear?

No.

Affirmed1
Allowance Winner

thanks, Louis

Postby Affirmed1 » Fri May 04, 2012 5:26 am

[quote="louis finochio"]Cityscape NFB---Monterosso NFB---Kyrpton Factor Type 2 FB---Daddy Long Legs FB. Be well my love.

El Prado: I will comment on your post of Euro tb, have some patience.[/quote]

I was especially interested in Cityscape's pedigree. He is from the Sharpen Up male line, which you don't see too much. I watched the replay of Cityscape's UAE race, and he was really impressive. He's also a beautiful horse. Hope he gets a chance a stud. I'd like to see the Sharpen Up male line continue. :)

louis finochio
Darley line

Postby louis finochio » Fri May 04, 2012 6:40 am

These are The Phippses superior runners that he bred from those NP Stallions & NP mares. Note that he brought in the outcross thru those NP mares.

Independence 74 starts---Ph. over Fair Play----Bold Ruler 33 starts---Ph. over Fair Play----Bold Bidder 33 starts---Ph. over Peter Pan----Bold Lad 19 starts---Ph. over Prince Rose----Queen Empress 33 starts---Ph. overPeter Pan----Buckpasser 31 starts---Ph. over Fair Play.

Impressive 41 starts---Ph. over Tourbillon----Queen of the Stage 14 starts---Ph. over Teddy----Vitriolic 21 starts---Ph. over Tourbillon----What a Pleasure 18 starts---Ph. over Swynford----Successor 25 starts---Ph. over Prince Rose----Reviewer 13 starts---Ph. over Teddy----Numbered Account 22 starts---Ph. over Hyperion.
Those without sin cast the first stone.

Louis Finochio

Shammy Davis
Chef de Race: Classic

Postby Shammy Davis » Fri May 04, 2012 7:47 am

Diane posted:
This bullying has got to stop, plain and simple. You want the thread locked? Keep going and you'll see this thread edited from stem to stern with every taunt removed. Your comments will be left to stand as broken sentences. You will appear as a gang of illiterates who do not know how to frame a sentence. Do I make myself clear?

:shock: This is a joke isn't it. As a moderator, you now decide that the responses to this thread are "bullying." From the very beginning of this thread, the tone and content of the author and the responders has remained feisty but consistent and the subsequent conclusions at an impasse because of the unresponsiveness of the author. In the past, a few members, sympathetic to Louis, have infact claimed Louis was being bullied and none of us saw you, as a moderator, or even Roguelet supporting them and Louis then. So now, you have decided that bullying is occurring and we all had better watch our PQ's, pardon the pun.

Forgive me but you are 800 pages plus or minus too late. Where were you when Barcaldine was bullying Brogers and a few others on the board? How about ct2346 trashing Bohemia on the main board? Where were you then? Of course, most recently, there was your participation on the "Oleos93's thread from hell" where you joined in the "offensive" display. Please spare us.

What's even better is that you suggest the expungement of unhelpful material. Who decides? You? As I see it from what you suggest, that would mean that "all" of Louis' posts would be expelled, leaving numerous quality links and resources provided by other members. Now that would be a helpful move on PQ's part.

If you want the title of "moderator" act like one. Personally, I'd like nothing more than seeing this thread locked and archived, but not at the expense of moderator censorship leaving Louis' mediocre thinking to survive while meaningful, some feisty, thoughts removed. Your threat is interesting, but not likely given the length of this thread. If you have something informative to add to this thread stick with it, otherwise, please save us from reading another "witless" post supporting this unfounded and mistaken diatribe authored by an "expert pedigree analysis wanabee."

I see Roguelet is censoring the Oleos93's Horse Care thread of unhelpful information and irritants. I guess that means some of your posts will be expunged. Will you use the censorship of that thread as a baseline for PQ moderator control of posts? The way it looks, I guess the members can expect the majority of moderators to show up every few years to excite our passions and the leave again so we can all forage on each other at will.
Last edited by Shammy Davis on Fri May 04, 2012 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

xfactor fan
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby xfactor fan » Fri May 04, 2012 8:06 am

According the information posted at the top of the Pedigree Analysis topic, Lucy and Rouglete are the moderators. Diane is not listed.

Shammy Davis
Chef de Race: Classic

Postby Shammy Davis » Fri May 04, 2012 8:27 am

So, Diane, you were trying to bully us, weren't you?

Bast
Sophomore Sire

Postby Bast » Fri May 04, 2012 8:41 am

It's not bullying if it's true.
May 2013: Plan ahead now for the Phalaris/Teddy Centennial!
A horse gallops with his lungs
Perseveres with his heart
And wins with his character. --Tesio

BenB
Sophomore Sire

Postby BenB » Fri May 04, 2012 10:31 am

Diana, do what you want to.
I will not sleep not a second less. Louis keeps ignoring all the information he was supplied in the last 6 yrs.

He simply denies everything what other far more reliable researchers and universities have published.

Bast
Sophomore Sire

Postby Bast » Fri May 04, 2012 12:42 pm

BenB wrote:Diana, do what you want to.
I will not sleep not a second less. Louis keeps ignoring all the information he was supplied in the last 6 yrs.

He simply denies everything what other far more reliable researchers and universities have published.

Louis denies the basics of genetics--chromosomes, meioisis, mitosis, mutation, recombination, how x and Y chromosomes operate in mammals--never mind the finer points.

He denies the basics, and asserts that he alone uniquely understands the breeding of horses; no one else in the world is even fit to read pedigrees because ONLY he can do that properly. He's miserably condescending when he does so.

Dozens of links have been posts that Louis COULD have read to understand these things, but he appears to have read none of them.
May 2013: Plan ahead now for the Phalaris/Teddy Centennial!

A horse gallops with his lungs

Perseveres with his heart

And wins with his character. --Tesio

BenB
Sophomore Sire

Postby BenB » Fri May 04, 2012 9:21 pm

Diana, please shut this thread, this is the only thread, where you actually can learn something from the genetic basics, the study done by the UC Davies, the reports made by the Grayson-Jockey club, numereous books published by numereous publishers, not in last, contributions made by international studies. All them links were supplied overhere.

With almost 12000 replies and almost 400000 views it,s attracting quite an respons, more than a lot of threads combined.

louis finochio
Darley line

Postby louis finochio » Sat May 05, 2012 6:09 am

If Tesio was alive today, he would not have become a Fashion Breeder. In Tesio's time, those NP sire lines were alive & well. He used those NP lines in his matings to breed his superior runners.

Tesio was a master breeder because he had the superior bloodstock. If he had medicore stock, he would not have bred those quality tbs. You can only get out of a tb thats bred into it, & no more.

Tesio would not have believed, that our breed is now 95% from one sire line. Unsoundness is a product of Inbreeding to the max, from the same sire line. Tesio would take a different view of our Inbreedings in the present.

Great breeders become great breeders, when they are ahead of the Fashion crowd. They will see what is happening to our breed, & will seek those NP outcross sire lines, to breed those sound tbs that have an iron constution.

Louis Finochio