Inbred pedigree of the week:

Understanding pedigrees, inbreeding, dosage, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, Lucy

Bettina
Allowance Winner

Re: Inbred pedigree of the week:

Postby Bettina » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:47 am

Hello,
when I checked the peds of this season 'Juvenile Races' winners, I came across following one.

Marabea (Archipenko - Violin Time by Theatrical)
2x3 3/4 relatives Nureyev/Bound or 3x4 Nureyev and 5x5x5 Special
3x4 Mr. Prospector
3x4 3/4 relatives Nijinsky/Far North

2 year old winner, 2 starts, 2 wins

Regards, Bettina

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:42 am

Double Cross. First recorded simply as "XX". Aptly named. Sire & dam were 3/4 sibs.

Bettina
Allowance Winner

Postby Bettina » Mon May 04, 2015 1:45 am

Hello,
when I checked the peds of the winners and placed thoroughbreds from various "Cassic Races" (England/US) I noted, the secondplaced Lucida (1000 Guineas, GB) is bred 2x2 FB/FS.

The winning Filly Legatissimo traces via Grimpola to Goldhenne, 1x2 3/4 relatives Birkhahn/Bürgermeister or 2x3 Bramouse.

regards, Bettina

Bettina
Allowance Winner

Postby Bettina » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:59 am

Hello,
here are some more examples of inbreeding with the successful German Family from "Lovely Naples" (foundationmare):

Lando 3x3 Literat/Liberty (German Derbywinner)
he has 2 FS named respectivly Laurella (Lovelyn, won Italian Oaks) and Lacatena (Lacateno)
Lovato 3x3 Laurea (won Group 3 race)
Laya (by Samum), she is 4x4x5 Literat/Liberty, 3x4 Surumu; 4x4 Dschingis Kahn

The Sire Intendant is not from this Family, but he is bred 4x4x4 Literat/Liberty.

regards from Germany,
Bettina

Bettina
Allowance Winner

Postby Bettina » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:40 pm

Hello,
another 'Juvenile' placed runner in France is bred:
2x2 Pivotal/Little Empress FB/BS
+ 4x4 Secretariat
(2nd Criterium de Maisons-Lafitte Gr.2)
2nd Prix Miesque Gr.3
3rd Prix Saraca Listed)

regards, Bettina

louis finochio
Darley line

Postby louis finochio » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:13 am

Bettina: How many Fashion Breds have you seen in Euro Racing ?
Can you post some of there names, Thanks, Bee Well Louis.
Those without sin cast the first stone.
Louis Finochio

Bettina
Allowance Winner

Postby Bettina » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:07 am

Helloo, Louis,
sorry , when I'm asking. Could you be more precise, which Sires do you mean?

regards, Bettina

louis finochio
Darley line

Postby louis finochio » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:13 am

Bettina: Look at the pedigree of Sky Devil, b, C, 2013, I am going to post his inbred pedigree today.
Those without sin cast the first stone.

Louis Finochio

hyphen1969
Maiden Special Weight

Postby hyphen1969 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:08 am

5yo gelding APOLEON (GER), 2nd in Grosser Dresdner Herbstpreis (L), is the second blacktype horse inbred to Acatenango. But very interesting - he is not thoroughbred!
http://www.blacktypepedigree.com/horse/Apoleon_GER-527774

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:30 am

Teichnymphe b f 1944 Mirza - The Squaw by Sickle. 3x3 Blandford, 5x5x5 Canterbury Pilgrim.

Foaled at the Altefeld Stud, Germany, to which her sire and dam had been brought after being seized in France by German forces a few years earlier. In 1945, when Altefeld came under US Army control, Teichnymphe's American (Widener)-owned dam was restored to the estate of her owner and first taken (with 1945 foal at foot or in utero), back to the French farm from which she'd been seized. Teichnymphe, however, was among the many TBs that were seized from German studs as war prizes by the US Army, turned over to its Remount service, and shipped to the USA in 1945 or 1946.

The North American Jockey Club, backed by the US State Dept. and the European TB registries, refused to recognize most of the Remount's war prize TBs until evidence for identity. as well as claims by last owners of record and other TB registries, had been reviewed and satisfied. Fewer than half of the war prize TBs were eventually recognized by the North American registry and Teichnymphe wasn't one of those. Advertised as having "been under saddle for several weeks", she was sold as hip #155 at a Remount auction, Front Royal, Virginia, Oct., 1946. No further record of her has been found.

Bettina
Allowance Winner

Postby Bettina » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:02 am

Hello,
the most famous or bestknown "US Import" after World War II was Nordlicht (Oleander - Nereide by Laland). So far I know his offspring could be only raced, but not further used for breeding purposes.

Anywhere I had a list of Germanbred Thoroughbreds which where sent to the U.S. One of this horses was Katinka dam of Kaiserwurde, her offspring was in Germany very succesful, see Kaiseradler, Kandia, Konigsstuhl.

Regards, Bettina

Bettina
Allowance Winner

Postby Bettina » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:02 am

Hello,
the most famous or bestknown "US Import" after World War II was Nordlicht (Oleander - Nereide by Laland). So far I know his offspring could be only raced, but not further used for breeding purposes.

Anywhere I had a list of Germanbred Thoroughbreds which where sent to the U.S. One of this horses was Katinka dam of Kaiserwurde, her offspring was in Germany very succesful, see Kaiseradler, Kandia, Konigsstuhl.

Regards, Bettina

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:16 am

Bettina wrote:Hello,

Hi Bettina,
Claims on Nordlicht by individuals and other registries were settled to the satisfaction of the Jockey Club by late 1953, at which time he was accepted for entry in the North American registry. That made all of his progeny out of recognized TB mares fully eligible for registration, including those foaled before 1953, some of which were already recognized but for racing purposes only.

Unfortunately, Nordlicht's potential as a sire had been pretty well compromised by the time he was finally registered in North Am., at least to the extent of the quality of mares brought to him. The TBs seized by the US Army from Germany and exported to the USA in 1945 & 1946 were turned over to the Army's Remount Service. It was shut down and all horses it owned were sold by 1949. At that time few, if any, of the TBs seized from Germany had been issued North American registration certificates. That greatly diminished their sale value and any interest the major stud farms might have had in purchasing them.

I have your list of exports from ADGB 23. Remount dispersal records include some TBs not recorded there. Since we're a bit off topic here I'll try sending that information to the email address I have for you.

Bettina
Allowance Winner

Postby Bettina » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:07 am

Hello,
has anyone noted, Love the Case, the dam of California Chrome is inbred 2x2 Dance Number/Polish Number, they are 3/4 relatives.

regards, Bettina

Bettina
Allowance Winner

Postby Bettina » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:20 am

Hello,
check the ped of the filly Architecture by Zoffany (2ndplaced English Oaks).
Her dam Brigayev is bred 2x2x4 Sadlers Wells/Nureyev (Special) 3/4 relatives
3x3 Mr. Prospector
4x4 Never Bend/Bold Reason HB
4th dam is a FS of 'Miesque'

The Sire Zoffany 2x2 Danehill (3x3 Natalma)/Machiavellian, dam Coup de Folie (3x3 Almahmoud)

regards, Bettina