Tell me what u think about the inbreeding ON This colt

Understanding pedigrees, inbreeding, dosage, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, Lucy

Pitbull599
Suckling

Tell me what u think about the inbreeding ON This colt

Postby Pitbull599 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:19 am

Plz tell me ur honest thoughts about this horse "roho red"

http://www.pedigreequery.com/roho+red
Their are no winers in a war everyone looses

truehoncho
Suckling

Postby truehoncho » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:29 pm

hi Pitbull

there are a number of duplications of some good horses in this pedigree but my rudimentary understanding of line breeding suggests it is not a very balanced pedigree. I would be interested to know what some of the forum experts think.

by the way its not often I see a son of Secretariat in a pedigree.

vineyridge
Grade III Winner

Postby vineyridge » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:50 pm

Interesting pedigree. Most of the duplications are through one sex or the other get. Male or female only duplication is not supposed to be as effective as having both males and females to the duplicated ancestor. So you have Storm Cat through sons only. You have Pancho Villa through daughters only. BUT you do have a full brother/ sister top and bottom in Pancho Villa and Terlingua, which would seem to lock everything together better than otherwise and would enhance, not the Storm Cat or the Pancho Villa or the Terlingua but the Secretariat/Crimson Saint.

Not a pedigree expert by any means and would like to hear from the real ones.
Thread Killer Extraordinaire

Pitbull599
Suckling

Rohit red

Postby Pitbull599 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:30 pm

Thanks guys for the responses if you guys have time tell me what y'all think about this little colt enchanted moment

http://www.pedigreequery.com/enchanted+moment2
Their are no winers in a war everyone looses

xfactor fan
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby xfactor fan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:58 pm

Were these horses bred for the Sport Horse market? If they are supposed to be racehorses, that's a different matter. In both cases the sire didn't exactly burn up the track, and the dams aren't great either. Just because a horse in inbred to Storm Cat, or Northern Dancer doesn't mean that they got any of the genes, or even the genes that make a racehorse.

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:06 am

I like inbreeding/linebreeding but to the right horse. Given some of Storm Cat's issues, and the fact that I'm not a fan of Secratariat when used certain ways, this one not particularly to my liking and would seem to be a home run or strike out. Possibility of some weird stuff, like a crazy horse. On the other hand, a pedigree with other ND sons in similar way would be much more interesting.

jm
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.

truehoncho
Suckling

Postby truehoncho » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:51 am

Hi

I would like to know if Secretariat in Honor Charm's pedigree is in a good position for a broodmare.

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:40 am

truehoncho wrote:Hi

I would like to know if Secretariat in Honor Charm's pedigree is in a good position for a broodmare.

Generally speaking, Secretariat is preferred through daughters and a mare by one of Weekend Surprise's sons might be regarded as having considerable broodmare potential on the strength of that connection alone. Whether that's enough to restore the level of productivity in this case to that of the 2d or 3d dam is another matter.