Hidden Talent is a very influential mare

Understanding pedigrees, inbreeding, dosage, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, Lucy

Keith
Grade III Winner

Hidden Talent is a very influential mare

Postby Keith » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:50 am

Too Bald by Bald Eagle-Hidden Talent by Dark Star is the dam of champion Capote, millionaire Exceller, and sire Baldski, Grade 3 winner Vaguely Hidden, My Song For You the dam of Minister's Melody who produces Wood Memorial/ Hollywood Futurity winner Bob And Johnr
Turn to Talent by Turn-to- Hidden Talent by Dark Star is the dam of Hay Patcher who produced 1994 leading sire Broad Brush and Winter Sparkle the dam of Williamstown who set a track record in the Withers S.

LB
Eclipse Champion

Re: Hidden Talent is a very influential mare

Postby LB » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:13 am

Hi Keith, we have a yearling colt with three crosses to Hidden Talent (two through his sire Include, and one through Capote on his dam's side.) Right now, he's s big, good looking colt. It will be interesting to see what he can do.

Keith
Grade III Winner

Postby Keith » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:38 pm

Hi LB, Her Smile by Include-Hepburn by Capote is a Grade 1 winner of $454, 634 and also ran 3rd in the Breeders Cup Filly&Mare Sprint as well as 3rd in the Acorn S. Breeding is one of the biggest gambles but their is nothing like raising a foal. We have Appaloosas and Quarter Horses but I was raised and grew up on the track in Charles Town and my wife grew up around the Maine fairs where her parents always had standardbreds. My dad and I raced in a stake at Atlantic City with the mare Impetuous Girl by Impetuosity-Exclusive Girl by Exclusive Nashua and were in the stake barn with Cozzene , Majesty's Prince, and Hero's Honor the night of the United Nations H. We saw Hero's Honor win over Cozzene. I took my wife and son to Saratoga while we lived in Maine and saw Scat Daddy win the Sanford S. We went to Suffolk to see Funny Cide run in the Massachusetts H. I saw Marlin win the Arlington Million while I was stationed at Great Lakes. In Idaho it is mostly Quarter Horse racing. My cousin Kent Knudsen is an assistant trainer /gallop boy and he conditions Broadway Empire. He is coming back home for a day to get married. I have not seen him since he was little.

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:42 am

Keith wrote:Hi LB, Her Smile by Include-Hepburn by Capote is a Grade 1 winner of $454, 634 and also ran 3rd in the Breeders Cup Filly&Mare Sprint as well as 3rd in the Acorn S. Breeding is one of the biggest gambles but their is nothing like raising a foal. We have Appaloosas and Quarter Horses but I was raised and grew up on the track in Charles Town and my wife grew up around the Maine fairs where her parents always had standardbreds. My dad and I raced in a stake at Atlantic City with the mare Impetuous Girl by Impetuosity-Exclusive Girl by Exclusive Nashua and were in the stake barn with Cozzene , Majesty's Prince, and Hero's Honor the night of the United Nations H. We saw Hero's Honor win over Cozzene. I took my wife and son to Saratoga while we lived in Maine and saw Scat Daddy win the Sanford S. We went to Suffolk to see Funny Cide run in the Massachusetts H. I saw Marlin win the Arlington Million while I was stationed at Great Lakes. In Idaho it is mostly Quarter Horse racing. My cousin Kent Knudsen is an assistant trainer /gallop boy and he conditions Broadway Empire. He is coming back home for a day to get married. I have not seen him since he was little.

I was aware of Her Smile when we planned the breeding, and also that the majority of Include's top runners have a cross back to Hail to Reason. Here's hoping it worked for us!

I agree with you about breeding. It's both a huge risk and a huge pleasure.