Dynamic Sky's Pedigree

Understanding pedigrees, inbreeding, dosage, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, Lucy

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Dynamic Sky's Pedigree

Postby Shawklit Won » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:56 pm

Dynamic Sky was not a very expensive horse (25K at yearling sale), but he has done fairly well on the racetrack. His sire is Sky Mesa, BM sire is Distorted Humor, inbred 4x4 to Mr. Prospector, 5x5x5 to Northern Dancer, and 5x5 to Secretariat. Some other big ones in his pedigree are Danzig, Storm Cat, Buckpasser, Forty Niner, Seattle Slew, A.P. Indy, Pulpit, etc., and his first 2 dams were stakes winners. His 3rd dam was a good producer.

I wonder what people here think about Dynamic Sky's pedigree?
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Re: Dynamic Sky's Pedigree

Postby Shawklit Won » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:36 pm

Shawklit Won wrote:Dynamic Sky was not a very expensive horse (25K at yearling sale), but he has done fairly well on the racetrack. His sire is Sky Mesa, BM sire is Distorted Humor, inbred 4x4 to Mr. Prospector, 5x5x5 to Northern Dancer, and 5x5 to Secretariat. Some other big ones in his pedigree are Danzig, Storm Cat, Buckpasser, Forty Niner, Seattle Slew, A.P. Indy, Pulpit, etc., and his first 2 dams were stakes winners. His 3rd dam was a good producer.

I wonder what people here think about Dynamic Sky's pedigree?

To answer my own question, I think that Dynamic Sky has a very good pedigree, especially for a colt that only cost $25K at the yearling sale. That was a steal, considering that Dynamic Sky has won over $550K on the racetrack.

I do have a bias, being that I am a fan of Dynamic Sky. Despite that, I believe that his pedigree is as good or better than most. I am hoping that he wins a couple of graded stakes or so before he is through racing. Dynamic Sky would then have a real good resume IMO, and that along with his pedigree should make him a stallion that people would want to breed their mares to.
Shawklit Won.