MIRROR IMAGE 1

Understanding pedigrees, inbreeding, dosage, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, Lucy

touching
Yearling

MIRROR IMAGE 1

Postby touching » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:25 pm

Anybody who has ever wondered if some pattern in the pedigrees of racehorses or racing greyhounds could shed any light on their evolutions from the time that the names of their ancestors were first recorded in stud books to the present day read on as I think you will find this data very interesting.
Well I am called Joseph Dotters and I was born in the North of Ireland in 1954 and I have studied the pedigrees of racehorses and racing greyhounds since about 1969, now I claim to have acquired a ground breaking understanding of thoroughbred evolution from the mid 18th century to the present day one that has not been surpassed to my knowledge in any publication that I have read during that time.
I also claim to have acquired a ground breaking understanding of racing greyhound evolution from the mid 19th century to the present day that also has not been surpassed to my knowledge in any publication that I have read during that time, I have achieved this feat purely by looking at their pedigrees in a certain way.
The definition of the word symmetry is “the quality of being made up of exactly similar parts facing each other or around an axis” one of the most beautiful examples of this in nature is the wings of a butterfly.
So something symmetrical has similar parts facing each other, well pedigrees on the page are read from left to right and they also have similar parts facing each other, one part being the sire’s side of the pedigree which occupies the top half of the pedigree on the page and the other part being the dam’s side of the pedigree which occupies the bottom half of the pedigree on the page.
These two parts the sire’s side of the pedigree and the dam’s side of the pedigree could be thought of as being symmetrical or similar to each other in the sense that if you travel back one generation there is one ancestor on the sire’s side of the pedigree and one ancestor on the dam’s side, go back
two generations and there are two ancestors on the sires side of the pedigree and two ancestors on the dam’s side and the ancestors keep doubling up for every generation you travel back.
So whenever I have studied the pedigrees of racehorses and racing greyhounds I have always looked possibly subconsciously for signs of symmetry.
So because of this symmetry factor nobody actually needs to be familiar with the names of racing greyhounds or racehorses from the past or from the present to be able to acquire the same understanding as myself, one only has to take note of the symmetry involved.
First of all I shall explain this in a way that most people I assume will be comfortable with and hopefully edge them closer to the concepts that I will be trying to get across, now several factors needed to the present to enable me to make my initial breakthrough and if any one of those factors had not been present I would probably not have acquired the understanding that I claim to have.
O K let’s start, well in England in 1750 a group of gentlemen with a shared passion for horse racing founded the Jockey Club, now in 1791 the Jockey Club had a book published called the General Stud Book; this book contained the pedigrees of approximately 400 horses which were seen as the foundation stock of all racehorses worldwide.
The National Coursing Club of Great Britain was founded in 1858 and published the Greyhound Stud Book in1882 from that date the breed was “ closed “ greyhounds running on the coursing field and later on the track had to be registered in a stud book.
The first name recorded in the General Stud Book on the parental sire lines of over 95% of all racehorses running in the world today is that of one animal and he is called Darley Arabian and he was born in 1700, similarly the first name recorded in the greyhound stud book on the parental sire lines of over 95% of all greyhounds running in the world today is also that of one animal a greyhound called Pilot who was born in 1820.
Now once I had got so far with all of this I thought I had cracked it and I then started to think of ways in which I could make a few pounds for my efforts, I put a number of plans into operation and all of them failed frustratingly.
The problem I had was to give a certain amount of information that I hoped would leave the people that I had sent the data to wanting to know more, I thought to myself if I give them too much there will be no need for me, sure they can just run of with the stuff and use it for themselves.
Well the amount I give was obviously not sufficient to leave people wanting to know more otherwise I would not be posting this on thoroughbredhorsepedigreequery, a leading thoroughbred pedigree analyst told me that any theoretical or research-based work needs to be given as a whole so that its merit and arguments and evidence can be evaluated by experts in the field.
Now I have formed the opinion that it is in the capability of anybody to understand my findings purely by concentrating on the symmetry involved and I hope to put that to the test by posting a substantial amount of my work on thoroughbredhorsepedigreequery.
As there is a substantial amount of data connected to my findings and realizing that people would need to have devoted most of their lives to the study of thoroughbred and racing greyhound pedigrees to have the necessary interest to make inroads into to much data given in one post.
I have decided to issue my posts gradually of about 700 to 1000 words at a time to hopefully prevent me from scaring people of and leaving them feeling overwhelmed, maybe their interest will grow gradually and they should be able to understand the thing proving my point.
I have learned to my cost health wise that this information at times can end up controlling the compiler instead of the other way around and hopefully I can manage the delivery of my posts in such a way to minimise that problem, I claim that my findings will not affect the status quo of either the racing greyhound or thoroughbred industries, things will continue as normal.
Now I shall continue will the racing greyhounds for the next couple of posts.

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Re: MIRROR IMAGE 1

Postby Toccet02 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:22 pm

Well, welcome! 8)
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.
----Arrested Development

touching
Yearling

Re: MIRROR IMAGE 1

Postby touching » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:36 pm

Thanks for the reply Toccet02, did you find the information in any way interesting?