MIRROR IMAGE 4

Understanding pedigrees, inbreeding, dosage, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, Lucy

touching
Yearling

MIRROR IMAGE 4

Postby touching » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:13 am

I have written that I was advised by a pedigree analyst that any theoretical or researched based work needs to be “revealed” as a whole so that its merit argument and evidence can be evaluated by experts in the field.
So with that in mind I have posted part of my findings on Greyhound Data in the hope that people would form the opinion that this fellow has something here and maybe ignite a bit of interest into the subject matter, remember I had formed the opinion that anybody could understand my findings if they concentrated purely on the symmetry involved they did not have to be experts in the field.
I hoped that people would then want to learn more and be prepared to pay for the privilege for instance for information delivered as a download or a book, I then thought that the more people that wanted to know more meant I could lower the price I intended to set on delivering this information to people.
Now the pedigree analyst told me I would needed to reveal my findings as a whole to experts in the field, well in the three posts I have given so far I have only painted part of the greyhound picture and suppose the people who have seen my data in these posts are people who have had no reason to pay any particular notice to greyhounds like Contango, Greentick and Fiery Furnace to name just three from the past.
I also have to remember that Rome was not built in a day and time is needed for almost everything in life that involves learning something new, so I am going to have to possibly give more data than I intended if I want as many people as possibly to be interested in my findings and also to be very patient as well.
Now I should have to written that both Herschel and Jamie are both produced in a certain way by racing greyhound evolution a way that I can understand and explain, so here goes with my 4th post.
Hopefully I have written this in such a way as to make it appear more comfortable to the average viewer to mentally digest suppose easier to understand hopefully everybody will be able to understand.
Remember I given a list of all the racing greyhound sires that were born during 1850 at the latest and who had produced 20 offspring or more that had made it into the brilliant greyhound pedigree website called Greyhound Data.
The parental sire line ancestors of Pilot who was born in 1820 produced 26% of those offspring, now the name of Pilot (1820) is found on the parental sire lines of 100% of the winners of feature events that make it into the annual Greyhound Review magazine Table.
A bit of a change one could write and the Pilot (1820) sire line expanded in bottleneck fashion, so what do I mean by this, remember I wrote that for the year 1974 I did not have the data that I required to compile my Leading Sire Table for the North and South of Ireland but I was able to compile a Table from a list of 23 feature events run in the North and South of Ireland and 42 feature events run in the rest of the British Isle.
Well 39 of those 65 feature event winners had the name of Hi There who was born during August 1952 on their parental sire lines and 39 equals 60% of the total, while 14 of those 65 feature event winners had the name of Champion Prince who was born during July 1949 on their parental sire lines and 14 equals 22% of the total, the remaining 12 feature event winners had neither the names of Hi There or Champion Prince on their parental sire lines and 12 equals 18% of the total.
Actually 60 out of those 65 feature event winners had the name of Staff Officer on their parental sire lines, Staff Officer’s son Latto can also be found on the parental sire line of Hi There and remember Hi There could be found on the parental sire lines of 39 of those feature event winners.
Another son of Staff Officer called Melksham Tom can be found on the parental sire lines of the other 21 feature events winners.
I think you will all agree with me that Staff Officer could be thought of as a bottleneck sire, let’s have a look at Staff Officer’s parental sire line stretching back to Contango.

1......STAFF OFFICER (born 1914)
2…..FRIENDLY FOE (born 1905)
3…..FRANDON FERRY (born 1899)
4…..FIERY FURNACE (born 1895)
5.….SIR SANKEY (born 1889)
6.….GREENTICK (born 1882)
7.….BEDFELLOW (born 1874)
8.….CONTANGO (born 1870)

Now I compiled a little Table comprising the sires that had Contango 4 removes back along their parental sire lines and who had produced at least 20 offspring that had made it into the brilliant Greyhound Data website.
Well 66 sires that had Contango 4 removes back along their parental sire lines produced at least 20 offspring that made it into the Greyhound Data website and 5 sons of Contango were responsible for those 66 sires, have a look at my little Table.
BEDFELLOW 23 SIRES 1421 OFFSPRING 0.7%
HIGHLANDER 1 SIRE 20 OFFSPRING 47%
MASTER SAM 23 SIRES 951 OFFSPRING 32%
MISTERTON 13 SIRES 363 OFFSPRING 12%
PTARMIGAN 6 SIRES 249 OFFSPRING 8%
…………………………………………………………………………………
TOTAL 66 SIRES 3004 OFFSPRING

As you can easily see from this Table that most of the racing greyhound sires that had Contango 4 removes back along their parental sire lines and who had produced at least 20 offspring and that had made it into the Greyhound Data website did not have Contango’s son Bedfellow on their parental sire lines.
As obviously Bedfellow is on the parental sire line of Staff Officer I do not think I would be very far out in thinking that Contango is a bottle neck sire.
Now looking at the 2016 Leading Sire Table for the North and South of Ireland in the Irish Greyhound Review annual in late 2016, I could see that 56 sires had produced 133 individual winners of feature events over a certain value that had made it into the Greyhound Review magazine for that year, well Hi There could be found on the parental sire lines of 11 sires and they produced 33 individual winners of feature events over a certain value and that equals 25% of the total.
Now Champion Prince could be found on the parental sire lines of 35 sires and they produced 71 individual winners of feature events over a certain value and that equals 53% of the total and that’s a bit of a change since 1974, so that meant that 10 sires that produced 28 individual winners had neither the names of Hi There or Champion Prince on their parental sire lines and that equals 21% of the total.
You will also find the name of a greyhound called Temlee who was born during March 1972 on the parental sire line of each one of those 71 individual winners as well, so let’s have a look at Temlee’s parental sire line stretching back to Champion Prince adjacent both Bellas Prince’s parental sire line stretching back to Staff Officer and Fiery Furnace’s parental sire line stretching back to Contango, remember Champion Prince and Contango are both INITIATOR OF CYCLES WHICH ALSO CONTAINS A MECHANISM CYCLE while Staff Officer is the INITIATOR OF A MECHANISM CYCLE

3RD CYCLE 2ND CYCLE 1ST CYCLE
1…...TEMLEE BELLAS PRINCE FIERY FURNACE
2…..TIVOLI CHIEF CASTLEDOWN LAD SIR SANKEY
3…..TIVOLI DREAMER MEADOW FESCUE GREENTICK
4…..PIGALLE WONDER MELKSHAM TOM BEDFELLOW
5…..CHAMPION PRINCE STAFF OFFICER CONTANGO

Now the same system or mechanism that was used to produce Greentick was also used to produce Tivoli Dreamer, so like Greentick and Staff Officer I have had to class Tivoli Dreamer as the INITIATOR OF A MECHANISM CYCLE or the INITIATOR OF THE 3rd MECHANISM CYCLE to give him his full name.