Mirror Image 7

Understanding pedigrees, inbreeding, dosage, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, Lucy

touching
Yearling

Mirror Image 7

Postby touching » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:51 pm

Now I have written that for the year 1974 I did not have the data that I required to compile my Leading Sire Table for the North and South of Ireland but I was able to compile a Table from a list of 23 feature events run in the North and South of Ireland and 42 feature events run in the rest of the British Isle.
Well 39 of those 65 feature event winners had the name of Hi There on their parental sire lines and 39 equals 60% of 65, while 14 of those 65 feature event winners had the name of Champion Prince on their parental sire lines and 14 equals 22% of 65, the remaining 12 feature event winners had neither the names of Hi There or Champion Prince on their parental sire lines and 12 equals 18% of 65.
So the name of Hi There was found on the parental sire lines of more feature event winners in 1974 than those feature event winners that did not have his name on their parental sire lines.
Also the name of Champion Prince was found on the parental sire lines of more of the remaining 40% of feature event winners than on the parental sire lines of those feature event winners from the remaining 40% that did not have his name on their parental sire lines.
Although I do not have the data in front of me I think this balance between Hi There and Champion Prince allowing for the fact that these animals were born no earlier than 33 years before the Table was compiled has not happened before in racing greyhound evolution.
Now in the Racing Post website the most successful 100 sires in Europe for the year 2015 produced 515 individual winners of either Listed Stakes or Group races, remember the year 2015 in thoroughbred similar evolutionary terms is equivalent to the year 1974 in racing greyhound evolutionary terms.
Well 353 of those 515 individual winners of either Listed Stakes or Group races had the name of Northern Dancer on their parental sire lines and 353 equals 69% of 515, while 83 of those 515 individual winners of either Listed Stakes or Group races had the name of Mr Prospector on their parental sire lines and 83 equals 16% of 515, the remaining 79 individual winners of either Listed Stakes or Group races had neither the names of Northern Dancer or Mr Prospector on their parental sire lines and 79 equals 15% of 515.
So the name of Northern Dancer was found on the parental sire lines of more individual winners of either Listed Stakes or Group races in Europe in 2015 than those individual winners of either Listed Stakes or Group races that did not have his name on their parental sire lines.
Also the name of Mr Prospector was found on the parental sire lines of more of the remaining 31% of individual winners of either Listed Stakes or Group races than on the parental sire lines of those individual winners of either Listed Stakes or Group races from the remaining 31% that did not have his name on their parental sire lines.
Although I do not have the data in front of me I think this balance between Northern Dancer and Mr Prospector allowing for the fact that these animals were born no earlier than 66 years before the Table was compiled has happened once before in thoroughbred evolutionary history starting in the year 1997 and involving Nearco and Polynesian and for the same reason.
Now in the Racing Post website the most successful 100 sires in Europe for the year 1997 produced 336 individual winners of either Listed Stakes or Group races, remember the year 1997 in thoroughbred similar evolutionary terms is equivalent to the year 1964 in racing greyhound evolutionary terms.
Well 230 of those 336 individual winners of either Listed Stakes or Group races had the name of Nearco who was born during 1935 on their parental sire lines and 230 equals 68% of 336, while 54 of those 336 individual winners of either Listed Stakes or Group races had the name of Polynesian who was born during 1942 on their parental sire lines and 54 equals 16% of 336, the remaining 52 individual winners of either Listed Stakes or Group races had neither the names of Nearco or Polynesian on their parental sire lines and 52 equals 15% of 336.
So the name of Nearco was found on the parental sire lines of more individual winners of either Listed Stakes or Group races in Europe in 1997 than those individual winners of either Listed Stakes or Group races that did not have his name on their parental sire lines.
Also the name of Polynesian was found on the parental sire lines of more of the remaining 32% of individual winners of either Listed Stakes or Group races than on the parental sire lines of those individual winners of either Listed Stakes or Group races from the remaining 32% that did not have his name on their parental sire lines.
Obviously before 1997 the name of Phalaris would have been found on the parental sire lines of more individual winners of either Listed Stakes or Group races than those individual winners that did not have his name on their parental sire lines but it is very doubtful if another sire would have been found on the parental sire lines of more individual winners of either Listed Stakes or Group races than those individual winners that did not have his name on their parental sire lines of the remaining individual winners once Phalaris’s total had been removed for the year in question.
Possibly the balance achieved by Northern Dancer and Mr Prospector in 2015 and the balance achieved by Nearco and Polynesian in 1997 may not have ever been achieved before in thoroughbred evolutionary history but I do not have the data to confirm or deny that fact.
These balances that I have referred to from both breeds confirmed an earlier held opinion of mine which is that my Leading Sires Tables for the North and South of Ireland and my Leading Sires Tables for Europe show the evolutionary changing landscape of both species better than any other destination on the planet.
Racing Greyhounds may leave the shores of the British Isle but their parental sire line descendants could come back one day to play a part in the cyclical system of the racing greyhound that I claim exists similarly racehorses may leave Europe but their parental sire line descendants could come back one day to play a part in the cyclical system of the thoroughbred that I also claim exists.
Now in my previous post I wrote that I compiled a Leading Sire Table for the year 1974 as best I could form the information that was at my disposal, that year a greyhound called Monalee Champion was the leading sire now for the thoroughbreds in Europe in 2015 the leading sire was Galileo let’s have a look at their two pedigrees http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=154442 and http://www.pedigreequery.com/galileo4 .
One of the first things I did back in the 1970’s was to look at the pedigree of Monalee Champion’s parental grandsire Hi There, so on looking at the pedigree of Hi There http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=101265 one can see that Staff Officer is 6 - removes back along his parental sire line and also that Staff Officer is 6 - removes back along his maternal sire line.
Now if Staff Officer had of been an uneven number of removes back along both the parental and maternal sire lines of Hi There then the symmetry that I was subconsciously looking for would not have been present and I would have possibly thought no more about it and would not have made the connection that I made.
If for instance I had no knowledge whatsoever of the pedigrees of Monalee Champion and Hi There and I had focused entirely on racehorse breeding and a similar line of enquiry had led me to focus on the pedigree of Galileo and I had then found myself focusing first of all on the pedigree of his paternal grandsire Northern Dancer this is what I would have found.
Well on looking at the pedigree of Northern Dancer I would have found that just like the pedigree of Hi There the same animal occupies both his parental and maternal sire lines that racehorse is called Phalaris and he is 4 – removes back along Northern Dancer’s parental sire line and 6 – removes back along Northern Dancer’s maternal sire line, so the symmetry that I was subconsciously looking for would not have been there and I would have moved on.
Well getting back to Hi There, now you can see that Rare Record is 2 - removes back along Hi There’s parental sire line and Bellas Prince is 2 - removes back along his maternal sire line, so let’s have a look at both their pedigrees http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=FuTYN ... &x=25&y=11 and http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=FuTYN ... &x=29&y=12 .
Now on looking at both their pedigrees you can see that if Jamie had of been 3 - removes back along the maternal sire line of Dee Chime instead of being the 2 - removes back that he actually is then Jamie would have occupied the exact same two positions 4 - removes back in the pedigree of Rare Record that he occupies 4 - removes back in the pedigree of Bellas Prince.
Remember Staff Officer is also 4 - removes back along both the parental sire lines of Rare Record and Bellas Prince, so Jamie would have occupied a position on the maternal sire lines of both Rare Record and Dee Chime and the maternal sire lines of both Bellas Prince and Castledown Lad, remember Bellas Prince is also the sire of Champion Prince.
So let’s have a look at the 16 ancestors 4 – removes back in the pedigree of Monalee Champion as they look on the page.

1………………… …….RARE RECORD
2………………… …….HONEY GALE
3……………… ……….BELLAS PRINCE
4……………… ……….KEEP RIOT
5……………… ……….TANIST
6……………… ……… MAD DARKIE
7………………… …….MANHATTEN MIDNIGHT
8………………… …….RIPE CHERRY
9……………… ……….BELLAS PRINCE
10……………………...SALLY WELL
11…………………….. THE GRAND CHAMPI8ON
12……………………...QUARE FIRE
13……………………...DRUMMAN RAMBLER
14……………………...BEAUTY OF PLEASURE
15……………………...RIVERDALE REBEL
16……………………...BOURBAWN

You can see by looking at that list one of the two animals that I have labelled a Double Cross Animal in one of my previous posts namely Bellas Prince is numbered 3 and 9, now Rare Record who I have not yet described as a Double Cross Animal but actually is another Double Cross Animal from the 2nd cycle is numbered 1.
Now if you remove Raise a Native, Native Dancer and Polynesian completely from the pedigree of Galileo you will see the same symmetry that I have observed while looking at the pedigree of Hi There, so let’s do that.
Now removing Raise a Native, Native Dancer and Polynesian from the pedigree of Galileo has the effect of moving Unbreakable into the position vacated by Native Dancer in Northern Dancer’s pedigree and also has the effect of moving Unbreakable into the position vacated by Raise a Native in Mr Prospector’s pedigree.
So if one looks at the pedigree of Northern Dancer with both Native Dancer and Polynesian removed http://www.pedigreequery.com/northern+dancer one can see that Cyllene is 6 - removes back along his parental sire line and Cyllene is also 6 - removes back along his maternal sire line.
Now you can also see that Nearco is 2 - removes back along Northern Dancer’s parental sire line and with Native Dancer and Polynesian removed from the pedigree of Northern Dancer, now Unbreakable is also 2 - removes back along his maternal sire line so let’s have a look at both their pedigrees http://www.pedigreequery.com/nearco and http://www.pedigreequery.com/unbreakable .
Now looking at both their pedigrees you can see that St Simon occupies the exact same two positions 4 - removes back in the pedigree of Nearco that he occupies 4 - removes back in the pedigree of Unbreakable.
Remember Cyllene is also 4 - removes back along both the parental sire lines of Nearco and Unbreakable, so St Simon would have occupied a position on the maternal sire lines of both Nearco and Pharos and a position on the maternal sire lines of both Unbreakable and Sickle.
So if Jamie had of been 3 - removes back along the maternal sire line of Dee Chime instead of being the 2 - removes back that he actually is then Jamie would not only have occupied the exact same two positions 4 - removes back in the pedigree of Rare Record that he occupies 4 - removes back in the pedigree of Bellas Prince, in fact he would have occupied the same four position 4 - removes back in the pedigrees of Rare Record and Bellas Prince that St Simon occupies 4 – removes back in the pedigrees of Nearco and Unbreakable.
So let’s have a look at the 16 ancestors 4 – removes back in the pedigree of Galileo as they would look on the page with Raise a Native, Native Dancer and Polynesian removed from his pedigree.

1………………… …….NEARCO
2………………… …….LADY ANGELA
3…………………… ….UNBREAKABLE
4………………… …….ALMAHMOUD
5………………… …….HAIL TO REASON
6………………… …… LALLUN
7………………… …….FORLI
8………………… …….THONG
9………………… …….UNBREAKABLE
10……………………...GOLD DIGGER
11…………………….. BUCKPASSER
12……………………...ROSE BOWLER
13……………………...AGIO
14……………………...PROMISED LADY
15……………………...ESPRESSO
16……………………...ALYMRA

Although I have not explained the racehorse side of things yet suppose you can see the reason why I have also labelled both Nearco and Unbreakable Double Cross Animals in the 2nd cycle in thoroughbred similar evolution they are obviously the thoroughbred equivalents of Rare Record and Bellas Prince both Double Cross Animals from the 2nd cycle in racing greyhound similar evolution and they are also numbered 1, 3 and 9.
There is no doubt in my mind that thoroughbred evolution travelled the scenic route by producing Galileo, Northern Dancer and Mr Prospector the way it did and its obvious to me that thoroughbred evolution is up to its old tricks of implementing the same evolutionary manoeuvres in a slightly different way to racing greyhound evolution in the 3rd cycle as to the way that it implemented the same evolutionary manoeuvres in a slightly different way to racing greyhound evolution in the 1st and 2nd cycles.
Hopefully by concentrating purely on the symmetry that I have given people can bypass the complexity of my findings which they may find daunting and maybe believe there could be something to Joseph’s findings after all and that both thoroughbred and racing greyhound evolutions may have indeed evolved the same breed shaping cyclical system obviously for the same reason, a cyclical system that Joseph claims he can see in their pedigrees.
That will do for this post.