Mirror Image 5

Understanding pedigrees, inbreeding, dosage, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, Lucy

touching
Yearling

Mirror Image 5

Postby touching » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:29 am

Let’s have a look at the parental sire lines of the racing greyhounds sires anyone of which could potentially be the next INITIATOR OF A MECHANISM CYCLE the INITIATOR OF THE 4th MECHANISM CYCLE to give him its full name and whose parental sire line ancestors won feature events during 2016 stretching back to Champion Prince.

15 Sires 31 Winners (23%) 10 Sires 24 Winners (18%) 2 Sires 4 Winners (3%)
WALKABOUT SID GUN LAW OSTI FRIGHTFUL FLASH
BROTHER FOX BROTHER FOX EAGLEHAWK STAR
LITTLE BLADE LITTLE BLADE TANGALOA
TEMLEE TEMLEE TEMLEE
TIVOLI CHIEF TIVOLI CHIEF TIVOLI CHIEF
TIVOLI DREAMER TIVOLI DREAMER TIVOLI DREAMER
PIGALLE WONDER PIGALLE WONDER PIGALLE WONDER
CHAMPION PRINCE CHAMPION PRINCE CHAMPION PRINCE

2 Sires 6 Winners (5%) 3 Sires 3 Winners (2%) 3 Sires 3 Winners (2%)
GINGER NEW TEARS WORTH DOING
EAGLEHAWK STAR PRETTY SHORT BROTHER FOX
TANGALOA TANGALOA LITTLE BLADE
TEMLEE TEMLEE TEMLEE
TIVOLI CHIEF TIVOLI CHIEF TIVOLI CHIEF
TIVOLI DREAMER TIVOLI DREAMER TIVOLI DREAMER
PIGALLE WONDER PIGALLE WONDER PIGALLE WONDER
CHAMPION PRINCE CHAMPION PRINCE CHAMPION PRINCE

I compiled a leading Sire Table for the North and South of Ireland for the year 1996 now 100 sires listed in my Table produced 274 individual winners of feature events over a certain value, the name of Hi There could be found on the parental sire lines of 42 of those 100 sires and they produced 143 individual winners between them which is 52% of the total.
The name of Champion Prince could be found on the parental sire lines of 32 of those 100 sires and they produced 52 individual winners between them which is 20% of the total and obviously the other 26 sires had neither the names of Hi There or Champion Prince on their parental sire lines and they produced 79 individual winners of feature events over a certain value between them which is 28% of the total.
Now 4 of the 32 racing greyhound sires that descended along the parental sire line from Champion Prince had Champion Prince’s son Pigalle Wonder on their parental sire lines as well and they produced 23 of the 52 individual winners that had descended from Champion Prince along the parental sire line.
The other 28 racing greyhound sires had the name of Solar Prince on their parental sire lines; obviously Solar Prince is another son of Champion Prince.
That evidence in my book means I could then think of Champion Prince as the 3rd bottleneck sire, so all of the greyhounds that I labelled the INITIATOR OF A CYCLE WHICH ALSO CONTAINS A MECHANISM CYCLE and the greyhound that I labelled the INITIATOR OF A MECHANISM CYCLE which remember did not contain another mechanism cycle if you can understand what I mean are also bottleneck sires and they are Contango, Staff Officer and Champion Prince.
Well I believe that every person has the capability to understand my findings due to the symmetry factor but I will not give the symmetry factor in all its glory until I give my Full Explanation, now I might be wrong to assume that people should understand my findings because I have to realize the reason why I find all of this so easy to understand is because I have been studying the dam thing since the early 1970s.
So even with the symmetry and bottleneck factors people might struggle with the concepts that I am trying to explain, I personally would imagine they would not struggle but they may do so and I have to be ready for that scenario, so I shall try and make it just a little easier by summing things up by first of all by giving the parental sire line of Temlee stretching back to Pilot (1820).

1…TEMLEE 53%
2…TIVOLI CHIEF 53%
3…TIVOLI DREAMER 53% (Initiator of the 3rd mechanism cycle)
4…PIGALLE WONDER 53%
5…CHAMPION PRINCE 53% (Initiator of the 3rd cycle which contains a mechanism cycle)
6…BELLAS PRINCE 53% (JAMIE)
7…CASTLEDOWN LAD 53% (JAMIE)
8…MEADOW FESCUE 53%
9…MELKSHAM TOM 53%
10...STAFF OFFICER 78% (Initiator of the 2nd mechanism cycle)
11…FRIENDLY FOE 78% (HERSCHEL)
12…FRANDON FERRY 100% (HERSCHEL)
13…FIERY FURNACE 100%
14…SIR SANKEY 100%
15…GREENTICK 100% (Initiator of the 1st mechanism cycle)
16…BEDFELLOW 100%
17…CONTANGO 100% (Initiator of the 1st cycle which contains a mechanism cycle)
18…CASHIER 100% (MONARCH)
19…CARDINAL YORK 100% (MONARCH)
20…JACOBITE
21…BEDLAMITE
22…FIGARO
23…KING COB
24…ION
25…STUMPS
26…PILOT

So somebody looking at the pedigrees of every individual greyhound on the parental sire line from Temlee back to Pilot might focus on the fact that Jamie occupies the maternal sire lines of Bellas Prince and Castledown Lad and that Herschel occupies the maternal sire lines of Friendly Foe and Frandon Ferry.
Although Fiery Furnace the sire of Frandon Ferry and his sire Sir Sankey both had Contango on their maternal sire lines, remember Herschel is also a parental sire line descendant of Contango and although Meadow Fescue the sire of Castledown Lad and his sire Melksham Tom both had Contango on their maternal sire lines, remember Jamie is also a parental sire line descendant of Contango
Now if that person discovered that Jamie and Herschel were produced by racing greyhound evolution on the same principle then they might assume that what had taken place with Bellas Prince, Castledown Lad, Meadow Fescue, Melksham Tom, Staff Officer and Jamie was a repetition of what took place with Friendly Foe, Frandon Ferry, Fiery Furnace, Sir Sankey, Greentick and Herschel.
They might also wonder why Staff Officer could be considered a bottleneck sire as could Contango while Greentick can not, also although Monarch was not produced by racing greyhound evolution on the same principle as both Jamie and Herschel the greyhound Monarch can be found on the maternal sire lines of Cashier and Cardinal York.
That person might assume that Cashier reminds him of the Double Cross Animals Bellas Prince and Friendly Foe and as Contango is a bottleneck sire that person might assume that Contango initiated the very 1st cycle in racing greyhound similar evolution.
Well using a different way of thinking I arrived at the same conclusion and when I did this I did not realize that Monarch occupied the maternal sire lines of both Cashier and Cardinal York so that was not a factor, well as far as I was concerned the 1st cycle had two extra animals Bedfellow and Contango, with Contango initiating the cycle.
One can look at it in several different ways for instance one can write that Contango had initiated a cycle with 7 animals occupying the parental sire line which also contained a cycle initiated by Greentick with 5 animals along the parental sire line.
Or one can write that there were actually 6 animals along the parental sire line between Contango and Staff Officer with the 2nd cycle having 4 animals along the parental sire line between Staff Officer and Champion Prince, once I discovered that Greentick and Tivoli Dreamer both had their parental great, great, grandsire on their maternal sire lines as well.
Also taking into account the fact that Temlee is also on the parental sire lines of every parental sire line descendant of Champion Prince and Fiery Furnace is also on the parental sire lines of every parental sire line descendant of Contango in the 2016 Table.
Remembering that Temlee had Champion Prince 4 removes back along his parental sire line and Fiery Furnace had Contango also 4 removes back along his parental sire line I had to assumed that the 3rd cycle must be a repetition of the 1st cycle.
So that means there should be 6 animals between Champion Prince and the new Initiator of the 4th Cycle and to give him his full name the INITIATOR OF THE 4th MECHANISM CYCLE along the parental sire line but I do not know which animal as yet it is going to be?
I have named the greyhounds with 6 animals between themselves and Champion Prince along the parental sire line that are also on the parental sire lines of greyhounds that won feature events over a certain value that made it into the 2016 Irish Greyhound Review Table.
Now the greyhound Hi There was produced by racing greyhound evolution on the same principle that Jamie and Herschel were both produced, so one would have to imagined that Hi There would be found on the maternal sire lines of the sire of the new INITIATOR OF THE 4th MECHANISM CYCLE and also on the maternal sire line of his sire but this did not happen?
Now Hi There can be found on the maternal sire line of Little Blade but that is as far as it goes Hi There is not found on the maternal sire lines of Brother Fox, Tangaloa, Eaglehawk Star and Pretty Short and my favourite at present has to be New Tears because Dream’s Image (born 1947) occupies the maternal sire lines of both his sire Pretty Short and his sire Tangoloa.
As both racing greyhound and racehorse evolutions have always provided several similar outcomes to every problem I have always had to wait until results on the ground have showed the way forward and it looks like it is going to be no different this time.
Now as racing greyhound similar evolution is about 80 years in front of thoroughbred evolution all of what still has to happen in thoroughbred evolution has already happened in racing greyhound evolution, for instance the year 2017 in thoroughbred similar evolution is equivalent to the year 1975 in racing greyhound similar evolution.
All of this might make it marginally easier of me to predict things but you have to take into account the fact that thoroughbred evolution has implemented the same evolutionary manoeuvres as racing greyhound evolution in a slightly different way and believe me that is just as prevalent today as it has always been.
Suppose one advantage I could claim to have is that when results on the ground possibly indicate the way forward I should be able to pick up on this quicker than anybody else now as racing greyhound evolution represents the coal face of my studies I have explained the predicament I am in at present and I can give no more in racing greyhound evolution until I give the Full Explanation.
So next I shall give the racehorse side of things and I might feel my way with this as I am hoping to earn some money for my work.