Mirror image 11

Understanding pedigrees, inbreeding, dosage, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, Lucy

touching
Yearling

Mirror image 11

Postby touching » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:44 pm

I think I will post this now and one more in the new year, well after looking at my previous posts and without having seen the full evidence that I claim should support my claims people might contemplate using the advice that I hope to offer and be prepared to pay for the privilege, actually I should have mentioned in my last post that I shall continue giving my latest advice after I have a few other issues out of the way first of all.
I have written that lot’s of racehorses and racing greyhounds will retire to stud duties in the future that will have been highlighted by my findings as possibly being Way Forward Animals but only results on the ground will ultimately prove whether they are going to be animals I thought they might have turned out to be.
I wrote that breeding to one of my highlighted stallions during his first covering season may be a good idea as his stock might prove attractive at sales time due to the stallion still being unproven and although this may be so on reflection I shall drop this advice and instead I shall start of with the advice that if one of my highlighted stallions produces a 2 y o rated 110 or more by the Racing Post during the season that his 2-y-o’s first run then I shall advise to use that stallion during the following covering season, that is of course if my highlighted stallion is still in favour.
Now Galileo’s highest rated 2-y-o by the Racing Post in the first season that his 2-y-o’s ran was Innocent Air and she was rated 104 and at this moment in time I am not sure how many racehorses need to be rated 110 or more in the second season that a sires produce run before I advice on his use, so you can gather that my advice has not fully evolved yet.
Also you get the odd exception because I do not think Smart Strike produced any racehorses rated 110 or more by the Racing Post during the first three seasons that his produce ran, I think during the year 2003 which was the 4th season that his produce ran he had 3 racehorses rated 110 or more by the Racing Post.
Actually it would only have come to my attention that Smart Strike was highlighted by my findings as a Way Forward Animal about the end of 2006, so maybe if an animal produces 3 animals that are rated 110 or more by the Racing Post during either of the 2nd, 3rd or 4th seasons his produce grace the tracks then maybe I should advise on his use the following season, any whey let’s have a look at the parental sire line again of Little Blade stretching back to Contango, http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?0=dummy ... 019&_gat=1

4…LITTLE BLADE (November 1978) (HI THERE)
3…TEMLEE (March 1972)
2…TIVOLI CHIEF (February 1968)
1…TIVOLI DREAMER (February 1962) Now my made up terminology name for Tivoli Dreamer is the INITIATOR OF THE 3rd MECHANISM CYCLE IN RACING GREYHOUND SIMILAER EVOLUTION.
0…PIGALLE WONDER (March 1972)
0…CHAMPION PRINCE (July 1949) Now my full made up terminology name for Champion Prince is the INITIATOR OF THE 3rd CYCLE IN RACING GREYOUND SIMILAR EVOLUTION WHICH ALSO CONTAINS THE 3rd MECHANISM CYCLE.

5…BELLAS PRINCE (August 1941) (JAMIE)
4…CASTLEDOWN LAD (August 1934) (JAMIE)
3…MEADOW FESCUE (March 1938)
2…MELKSHAM TOM (1922)
1…STAFF OFFICER (March 1914) Now my full made up terminology name for Staff Officer is the INITIATOR OF THE 2nd MECHANISM CYCLE IN RACING GREYHOUND SIMILAR EVOLUTION.

5…FRIENDLY FOE (June 1905) (HERSCHEL)
4…FRANDON FERRY (February 1899) (HERSCHEL)
3…FIERY FURNACE (1895)
2…SIR SANKEY (March 1889)
1…GREENTICK (March 1882) Now my made up terminology name for Greentick is the INITIATOR OF THE 1st MECHANISM CYCLE IN RACING GREYHOUND SIMILAER EVOLUTION.
0…BEDFELLOW (June 1874)
0…CONTANGO (February 1870) Now my full made up terminology name for Contango is the INITIATOR OF THE 1st MECHANISM CYCLE IN RACING GREYHOUND SIMILAR EVOLUTION WHICH ALSO CONTAINS THE 1st MECHANISM CYCLE.

As I have written in the 1970s I learned about what I call the 2nd Mechanism Cycle first of all and at that time I did not realize there was a cycle before the one initiated by Staff Officer, I did not realize that cycle would contain 2 extra greyhounds along the parental sire line, I did not realize that this could be thought of as a Cycle with a Mechanism Cycle inside it and I remember calling that period the Dark Ages.
I called it the Dark Ages because I could not find any cyclical structure resembling the one I found that had been initiated by Staff Officer this was possibly because I did not realize then that Herschel had been produced using the same principle that had been used to produce Jamie, so as far as I was concerned back then Staff Officer was the initiator of the very first Cycle.
You can see that Jamie occupied the maternal sire line of Castledown Lad and Castledown Lad would have had Staff Officer 3 – removes back along his paternal sire line as well, this is an important feature of the Mechanism that is present in all 3 Cycles.
For instance can see that Herschel occupied the maternal sire lines of Friendly Foe and Frandon Ferry and Frandon Ferry would have had Greentick 3 – removes back along his paternal sire line as well, also you can see that Hi There occupied the maternal sire line of Little Blade and Little Blade would have had Tivoli Dreamer 3 – removes back along his paternal sire line as well.
Remember Hi There was produced using the same principle that was used to produce both Jamie and Herschel and also remember I have written that back then after the events of 1970 when the English Greyhound Derby was won by John Silver http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=114802 , the Scottish Greyhound Derby was won by Brilane Clipper http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=gvZ30 ... r&x=31&y=8 and the Welsh Greyhound Derby was won by Super Gamble http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1487274 .
I would have taken some convincing at the end of 1970 that the same turn of events that took place involving Staff Officer, Melksham Tom, Meadow Fescue, Castledown Lad, Bellas Prince and Champion Prince was not going to happen again.
Remember John Silver. Brilane Clipper and Super Gamble all have Champion Prince 3 - removes back along their parental sire lines with Hi There on their maternal sire lines so as far as I was concerned back then one of them was potentially the latest racing greyhound version of Castledown Lad.
I now know then that the 3rd Cycle was going to turn out to be a repetition of the 1st and in fact Champion Prince was a later version of Contango in the sense that he could also be called the INITIATOR OF A CYCLE IN RACING GREYOUND SIMILAR EVOLUTION WHICH ALSO CONTAINED A MECHANISM CYCLE.
Having written that the format of the 2nd Mechanism Cycle Initiated by Staff Officer also got a bit of a run out during the 3rd cycle or should I write almost the format of the 2nd Mechanism Cycle got a bit of a run out during the 3rd Cycle, well actually before the format of the 1st cycle took over.
So what do I mean by the statement that almost the format of the 2nd Mechanism Cycle got a bit of a run out during the 3rd Cycle, remember I was looking for at that time a leading performer who had the latest version of Jamie on his maternal sire line and the latest version of Champion Prince 3 – removes back along his parental sire line.
Well things did not work out that way the way I expected they would because the animal that then carried on the evolutionary march of the racing greyhound was called Lively Band http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=lively+band&x=29&y=11 this greyhound had Hi There the latest at the time version of Jamie on his maternal sire line but he had Champion Prince the latest version of Staff Officer 4 – removes back on his paternal sire line.
Actually the Lively Band sire line had a bit of a run out during the time span of the 3rd cycle only to be eventually displaced by the Little Blade, Temlee, Tivoli Chief, Tivoli Dreamer, Pigalle Wonder, Champion Prince situation which was a repetition of the Contango, Bedfellow, Greentick, Sir Sankey, Fiery Furnace, Frandon Ferry situation of the 1st cycle.
Remember also Hi There http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=235391 is a later version no only of Jamie but also of Herschel and Hi There occupied the maternal sire line of Little Blade, so all of this has to be taken into account when I interpret ate their thoroughbred equivalents, remembering also that the thoroughbred will implement the same things in a slightly different way.
Well let’s write that because Tivoli Dreamer http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=235391 had Castledown Lad 4 – removes back along his parental sire line as well as having Castledown Lad on his maternal sire line I assumed that he was the latest racing greyhound version of Greentick http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=dCWHg ... &x=32&y=12 who had Cardinal York 4 – removes back along his parental sire line as well as having Cardinal York on his maternal sire line as well.
Remember at the end of the day I have to assume that Cardinal York can be though of as a SIRE OF A DOUBLE CROSS ANIMALS remember as the same greyhound Monarch is found on the maternal sire lines of both Cardinal York and his son Cashier.
Also remember I wrote that for the year 1974 I did not have the data that I required to compile my Leading Sire Table for the North and South of Ireland but I was able to compile a Table of sorts from a list of 23 feature events run in the North and South of Ireland and 42 feature events run in the rest of the British Isle.
Well 39 of those 65 feature event winners had the name of Hi There who was born during August 1952 on their parental sire lines and 39 equals 60% of 65, while 14 of those 65 feature event winners had the name of Champion Prince who was born during July 1949 on their parental sire lines and 14 equals 22% of 65, the remaining 12 feature event winners had neither the names of Hi There or Champion Prince on their parental sire lines and 12 equals 18% of 65.
So the name of Hi There was found on the parental sire lines of more feature event winners in 1974 than those feature event winners that did not have his name on their parental sire lines.
Also the name of Champion Prince was found on the parental sire lines of more of the remaining 40% of feature event winners than on the parental sire lines of those feature event winners from the remaining 40% that did not have his name on their parental sire lines.
So in 1974 Temlee was actually racing in Australia and he did not come into my calculations at all and below I shall give the parental sire lines of the 14 feature event winners of 1974 stretching back to Champion Prince.

5 feature event winner’s 2 feature event winner’s 1 feature event winner

YANKA BOY SILVER HOPE
CLONALVY PRIDE CLONALVY PRIDE FAITHFUL HOPE
SOLAR PRINCE SOLAR PRINCE SOLAR PRINCE
CHAMPION PRINCE CHAMPION PRINCE CHAMPION PRINCE

1 feature event winner 2 feature event winners 2 feature event winners

OWN PRIDE (H T) TOMS PAL IVY HALL FLASH
ALWAYS PROUD YANKA BOY PROUD LINCOLN
CLONALVY PRIDE CLONALVY PRIDE CLONALVY PRIDE
SOLAR PRINCE SOLAR PRINCE SOLAR PRINCE
CHAMPION PRINCE CHAMPION PRINCE CHAMPION PRINCE

1 feature event winner

RUSSIAN GUN
PIGALLE WONDER
CHAMPION PRINCE

Now as you can see 13 of those winners had Champion Prince’s son Solar Prince on their parental sire lines as well with 12 also having Solar prince’s son Clonalvy Pride on their parental sire lines with his other son faithful hope providing the other feature event winner.
Although Castledown Lad was 4 – removes back along the parental sire lines of both Clonalvy Pride and Faithful Hope he was not present on their parental sire lines as well.
It looks like my latest advice will have to wait until the next post.