Mirror Image 14

Understanding pedigrees, inbreeding, dosage, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, Lucy

touching
Yearling

Mirror Image 14

Postby touching » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:51 am

Now remember I shall advise on racehorses that I interpret as being highlighted by thoroughbred evolution as possible similar evolutionary equivalents to influential racing greyhounds that have already been produced by racing greyhound ev0olution.
These new sires will have had to pass my Racing Post test first of all before I advise on their use, I have put a lot of extra thought into this and this is what I have come up with, well according to my findings Galileo is the thoroughbred version of the racing greyhound Monalee Champion, now let’s just concentrate on his sire Sadlers Wells for the moment.
So Sadlers Wells is the racehorse version of Monalee Champion sire Crazy Parachute, I shall give the pedigree of Sadlers Wells again http://www.pedigreequery.com/sadlers+wells , now I also wrote in my last post that Crazy Parachute was a son of Hi There and Hi There also produced two other sons that were very influential on the bloodlines of future racing greyhound those two greyhounds were called Prairie Flash http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=prair ... &x=31&y=12 and Printers Prince http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=183692 I have included Printers Prince because he was the sire of a greyhound called Newdown Heather a very influential sire, now I wrote that I had to look for the thoroughbred similar evolutionary equivalents of these two racing greyhounds as well, actually thoroughbred similar evolutionary equivalents of Prairie Flash and Newdown Heather.
If before I had known about Galileo and my findings had told me that a son of Northern Dancer out of a mare by a son or a grandson of Turn-To was going to be the thoroughbred similar evolutionary equivalent of Crazy Parachute there would have been a lot of racehorses retiring to stud who were bred that way.
I would only advise on their use as I have written after they had passed my Racing Post test, which is that they have to produce at least 4 racehorses rated 110 or over by the Racing Post in one of the first 3 seasons that their produce race also I would advise on the use of any of my highlighted stallions if they produced 6 racehorses rated 110 or more in any single year that their produce races or if they produce 4 one year and 5 the next or vice versa I shall also advise on their use.
The only animals that would have qualified were Sadlers Wells and his brother Fairy King now if my findings had also told me before I had known about Galileo or Sea the Stars that those parental sire line grandsons of Northern Dancer out of mares by a son or a grandson of Turn-To could turn out to be the thoroughbred similar evolutionary equivalents of Prairie Flash or Printers Prince most influential son Newdown Heather http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?0=dummy ... 950&_gat=1 I would have had to act on that advice and advise on their use if they had passed my Racing Post test first of all.
So I would then have had to advise on the use of Green Desert, Dancing Brave, Alzao and possibly Azamour who all passed the test and had the correct pedigree, now I would have thought that sires who already had Turn –To on their parental sire lines would have had to be ruled out and as both El Prado and Barathea were sons of Sadlers Wells I would not have not even have considered advising on their us but because the El Prado sire line has done so well, I would have had to reconsider that assumption.
Sadlers Wells covered his first mares in 1985; I would have advised on his use from 1990 onwards his stud fee that year I think was a hefty 150,000 punts, I would have advised on the use of his brother in 1998 a year to late I think as 1997 was his last covering season, his stud fee for 1997 was 30,000 punts.
Alzao also covered his first mares in 1985 and I would have advised on his use from 1991 onwards and as his stud fee for 1995 was 15,000 punts I would imagine his fee for 1991 would not have been much higher.
Green Desert covered his first mares in 1987 and I would have advised on his use from 1992 onwards, his stud fee for the 1995 covering season was £25,000 so one would imagine he could not have been much more for 1992, Dancing Brave covered his first mares in 1987 also and I would have advised on his use from 1994 onwards, if he had not been sold to Japan in 1991.
Remember this is all hypothetical as I would not have known about Sadlers Wells and Fairy King until the end of 2006 and I would not have realized about the situation involving Alzao, Green Desert and Dancing Brave until sometime during 2009, I am not to sure when the penny dropped that year.
The penny only dropped in relation to El Prado at some point during 2017 so we can forget about him and Barathea a racehorse bred on similar lines and I shall also play it by ear with this sire line for the minute and I shall by keeping my eye on Medaglia D’Oro’s son Talismanic as time elapses.
Although Razyana the dam of Danehill was not a parental sire line descendant of Turn-To I shall have to advise for the time being at least on the use of Zoffany as his dam is a daughter of Machiavellian and he has passed my Racing Post test as it stands at present.
I would have had to advise on his use in 2017 when his stud fee was 35,000 Euros and again for 2018, his stud fee for 2018 is 25,000 Euros obviously I am watching several other highlighted racehorses who have just retired to stud that are parental sire line descendants of Northern Dancer like Power, Charming Thought and Territories but I cannot advise on their use until they have passed my Racing Post test first of all.
As I have written the exploits of Sea the Stars in 2009 along with his pedigree give me clues as to the way things might pan out in relation to Machiavellian as I assumed he should have been the sire of Urban Sea instead of Miswaki, I have already covered this but I ended up highlighting Shamardal and I had to highlight Dark Angel also as they both passed my Racing Post test.
Shamardal covered his first mares in 2006 and I would have advised on his use from 2011 onwards and as his stud fee for 2011 was 50,000 Euros, its funny but as the dams of Green Desert and Alzao were both by Sir Ivor and the sire of Dancing Brave was by Drone a son of Sir Ivor’s sire Sir Gaylord.
The fact that the dam of Shamardal parental grandsire Storm Cat was by Secretariat and the dam of his sire Giants Causeway was by Blushing Groom kind of appeased my mind and between Secretariat and Blushing Groom I got the influence Sir Ivor, well that was what I imagined any whey.
I had to go along with Dark Angel because he obviously had passed my Racing Post test first of all and although Northern Dancer was 5 -removes back along his parental sire line instead of the position Northern Dancer occupied 4 – removes back in the parental sire lines of Shamardal, Sea the Stars, Zoffany and Talismanic.
Besides Ahonoora was also the sire of the dam of Dark Angel’s sire Acclamation, remember Ahonoora was the sire of the dam of Sea the Star’s s sire Cape Cross, Dark Angel covered his first mares in 2008 and I would have advised on his use from 2013 onwards and as his stud fee for 2013 was 12,500 Euros.
It is important to remember that new evidence can change my direction at any point in time and I may advise on the use of a stallion one minute and then drop him the next and obviously to give advice on the use of any of my highlighted stallions they have to pass the Racing Post test first of all, in my next post I shall tackle the Mr Prospector sire line and the sire lines that contain neither the names of Northern Dancer or Mr Prospector.