Mirror Image 21

Understanding pedigrees, inbreeding, dosage, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, Lucy

touching
Yearling

Mirror Image 21

Postby touching » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:44 am

I sent emails to several studs in the British Isles offering a service and pointing them in the direction of my posts on the Thoroughbredhorsepedigreequery forum I was convinced that if they read the data were I pointed out that by removing Raise a Native, Native Dancer and Polynesian from the pedigree of Galileo one could see remarkable symmetry between the pedigrees of Galileo and the racing greyhound Monalee Champion their interests would have been ignited.
Although there was a bit of interest there was not enough to make offering a service financially viable and as I wanted to keep any service charge reasonable so I had to assume that the belief in my findings was not there to generate that interest.
I asked a North American thoroughbred pedigree analyst for their thoughts on the emails that I had sent to the studs and this was their response, well the thoroughbred pedigree analyst thought that I was dumping to much information into an email that was suppose to be an introduction not a dissertation.
If I was offering a service I would need to be very specific about what I was going to provide information – wise, and how much it was going to cost.
By mentioning investors I was complicating the issue and failure to serve them as individuals would contribute towards draining away any interest present, more importantly in the email it was not clear about what I was offering although I presume that it was advice on which stallions to breed their mares to for best results.
Actually you got around to mentioning that at the end of a very long email when it should have been present at the start, I would advise you to be direct and get to the point as possible investors may get lost in the back story that you are requiring them to read.
Surely all of this reading is putting them off instead of attracting them and possibly many give up before ever reaching the end of your email it seems to me that you are trying to make them understand your theory and remember if you are presenting yourself as the expert they do not need to know all this background material just the end result.
You have to decide if your product is a book or a service, if it is a service you need to sick your neck out and make some predictions that can be assessed after a year or two, I for one would be more encouraged in accepting your theory if your predictions turned out to be accurate.
Well making predictions is not so straight forward for instance if my findings told me that a son of Sadlers Wells out of a mare who will be a parental sire line granddaughter of Mr Prospector and that Northern Dancer will appear in his pedigree only the once, will retire to stud to become a great sire.
Surely I would have had to highlight Refuse to Bend who won the 2000 Guineas in 2003 and Galileo’s brother Black Sam Bellamy who won the Tattersalls Gold Cup the same year remember 2003 was Galileo’s second covering season.
As both Refuse to Bend and Black Sam Bellamy failed to pass my Racing Post test which remember is that they have to produce at least 4 racehorses rated 110 or over by the Racing Post in one of the first 3 seasons that their produce race also I would advise on the use of any of my highlighted stallions if they produced 6 racehorses rated 110 or more in any single year that their produce race or if they produce 4 one year and 5 the next or vice versa I shall also advise on their use, they would obviously not be used.
This problem surfaces all of the time and that is why I have tried to make people understand my theory actually in 2018 none of my highlighted stallions have produce making their debuts on the racecourse but because I claim that the dam of the animal in Galileo’s position should have been a daughter of Machiavellian and as I believe that Machavellian has to be involved some way or other further down the line I shall be keeping my eye to three racehorses in 2018.
They are Talismanic http://www.pedigreequery.com/talismanic2 Roaring Lion http://www.pedigreequery.com/roaring+lion2 and Rostropovich http://www.pedigreequery.com/rostropovich4 and I shall post Mirror Image 22 next week.